can't hear dialogues in movies

shazammm

so i just noticed that when i'm in mpc players ther is no sound for the actor's voice just the background sound,tried pluging my speakers and headphones into the front panel audio port and the sound works. now if im using my speakers into the backpanel ports,the sound works in other video streaming sites like youtube etc, only in the media player i get this problem. perhaps i got this problem because i have updated my realtek audio driver  

:)

5 minutes ago, shazammm said:

so i just noticed that when i'm in mpc players ther is no sound for the actor's voice just the background sound,tried pluging my speakers and headphones into the front panel audio port and the sound works. now if im using my speakers into the backpanel ports,the sound works in other video streaming sites like youtube etc, only in the media player i get this problem. perhaps i got this problem because i have updated my realtek audio driver  

So all audio comes through, just not dialogue? that is extremely weird. try reverting back to the previous realtek driver.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

14 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

So all audio comes through, just not dialogue? that is extremely weird. try reverting back to the previous realtek driver.

in movies i get that background sound like transitions from one part in another in sitcoms. but no sounds dialogues. in games youtube in works normal

Just now, shazammm said:

in movies i get that background sound like transitions from one part in another in sitcoms. but no sounds dialogues. in games youtube in works normal

Im thinking its something to do with the source not the realtek driver then.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

14 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Im thinking its something to do with the source not the realtek driver then.

changed the driver. same thing

Do you have any effects that you may have enabled in your sound settings? Like spatial suround or bass boost that could be affecting it

5 hours ago, shazammm said:

changed the driver. same thing

You probably have surround enabled. When you're listening to surround audio, dialogue typically comes through the center channel. Try setting your audio to stereo - that might help.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

You probably have surround enabled. When you're listening to surround audio, dialogue typically comes through the center channel. Try setting your audio to stereo - that might help.

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

Do you have any effects that you may have enabled in your sound settings? Like spatial suround or bass boost that could be affecting it

i do remember trying to play with the Realtek Audio Control settings,but don't remember why but the application suddenly uninstaled and keep trying to install it from the microsoft store but get an error(i've been getting errors trying to install any app) so i might have left there some option checked. any way i can disable this option using other software?

EDIT: I have fixed it by changing the speakers settings from surround to stereo from control panel sounds settings. (odd that dialogues in movies worked if i plugged my speakers into the front panel,maybe windows had different settings to that front panel)

thank you both for reminding me of that setting

9 hours ago, shazammm said:

(odd that dialogues in movies worked if i plugged my speakers into the front panel,maybe windows had different settings to that front panel)

That's not odd. The front panel audio is only capable of outputting stereo sound, so windows will automatically change to stereo sound if you plug something into the front panel.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)