Why are their no 60 fps video quality options under stock YouTube App on VU Premium Android 4k TV 43"?

Even setting 'Ultrasmooth motion' option to 'smooth' doesn't deliver what a true 4k60 video can. 
Moreover, 8k (downscaled to 4k) and 4k videos appear jittery at times (most towards the sides of the screen while panning shots) with a noticeable but very subtle flickering on screen. Anyone else experience the same issues? Any solutions??

link a video your seeing this......... me personally havent seen this unless the videos transcoding and bitrate were poorly done
it also could be a bad panel.

Is this on the TV that you insisted to all of us that was so superior when we gave you other advice? 

Solutions to what? You’re getting 24fps content or maybe 30fps in some cases (all discs I am aware of will play 24 while most broadcasts will be 30. I believe streaming services are also limited to 24). There is a certain amount of “jitter” inherent in having framerates that low. High refresh rate just means the frames that actually exist can be swapped or faster. You can’t just magically make it 60fps.

Only video games (and only some at that) have really broken into the higher fps stuff at this point in time.

What’s the model of the TV?

30 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Is this on the TV that you insisted to all of us that was so superior when we gave you other advice? 

yep

Yikes. I don't really try to watch 4k60 because a lot of the videos are poop encoding. It may be that your panel doesnt recognize 60hz only 59

20 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Yea it's still far more superior than what other offerings in India are available. Simply a brilliant panel by Hisense. This issue is subtle as I mentioned and won't disturb an avg. user but expert eyes can easily notice the slight jittering near the edges @4k and 1440p. I'll link a google drive uncompressed video soon. Please Stay tuned...

19 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Yikes. I don't really try to watch 4k60 because a lot of the videos are poop encoding. It may be that your panel doesnt recognize 60hz only 59

I checked in Aida 64, and the regresh rate is 50 Hz but I don't trust it as it's displaying the resolution as 1920x1080p lmao. I'll see the details via some other app like HWInfo.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:27 PM, circeseye said:

link a video your seeing this......... me personally havent seen this unless the videos transcoding and bitrate were poorly done
it also could be a bad panel.

23 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

22 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Many questions to ask here:

What videos are you watching? What does Stats for Nerds show on that video? Etc.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the details as I was busy installing the tv and optimizing settings and boi, does it look gorgeous on my living room wall.
So, I am concerned with stock YouTube 4k60 playback issue rn, there are problems with the stock 'Media' app as well (will come back to em in a moment). So, I checked Stats For Nerds and the current/optimal res. is 3840x2160@60 / 3840x2160@60 with buffer health really low down to 0.05s (as the router is on my pc desk in bedroom 30 ft. away and several walls in between router and tv; fortunately I cleared up some space for my entire PC rig in the drawing room which is like 15-ish feet from the tv with no obstacles in between so hopefully the buffering problem will be cured:)). Same story with 1440p with buffer health up to 4-5s but still sometimes the video buffers and still there's no true 60 fps, and motion smoothing doesn't work at all for 1440p and 4k while it works flawlessly for 1080p and lower res. So idk why the heck 4k60 and 1440p60 doesn't work buttery smoothly.
Coming back to stock Media app, I connected Seagate BUP Slim 2TB Red (NTFS formatted) and no video is able to play (Media not playable message) while the Morocco 8k video by Jacob + Katie that I downloaded in 4k HDR 60 fps in mkv via IDM on my San Disk USB3.0 flash drive plays perfectly on the Media app with true 60 fps experience, no stuttering unlike in YT but with colours washed off af (like you see in a HDR10 x265 playing on a non-hdr monitor) and suckingly with "No Audio"! ? So either please help me resolve this Media aop playback problems or suggest me a good video player app that I can sideload (tried MX Player Pro arm version from apkmirror but it's displaying a message with non-clickable OK button so the message doesn't go away, the msg displayed is something like this: 'Need to verify license with a google account, click OK to proceed'. 
Apart from the above-mentioned problems, I'm very much satisfied with overall picture quality and brightness that an hdr panel needs and my sincere gratitude to Hisense for delivering such a high quality panel to my living room.

lemme know if anything else required, I'm happy to share with ya brilliant guys and gals. :)

1 hour ago, D33P said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention the details as I was busy installing the tv and optimizing settings and boi, does it look gorgeous on my living room wall.
So, I am concerned with stock YouTube 4k60 playback issue rn, there are problems with the stock 'Media' app as well (will come back to em in a moment). So, I checked Stats For Nerds and the current/optimal res. is 3840x2160@60 / 3840x2160@60 with buffer health really low down to 0.05s (as the router is on my pc desk in bedroom 30 ft. away and several walls in between router and tv; fortunately I cleared up some space for my entire PC rig in the drawing room which is like 15-ish feet from the tv with no obstacles in between so hopefully the buffering problem will be cured:)). Same story with 1440p with buffer health up to 4-5s but still sometimes the video buffers and still there's no true 60 fps, and motion smoothing doesn't work at all for 1440p and 4k while it works flawlessly for 1080p and lower res. So idk why the heck 4k60 and 1440p60 doesn't work buttery smoothly.
Coming back to stock Media app, I connected Seagate BUP Slim 2TB Red (NTFS formatted) and no video is able to play (Media not playable message) while the Morocco 8k video by Jacob + Katie that I downloaded in 4k HDR 60 fps in mkv via IDM on my San Disk USB3.0 flash drive plays perfectly on the Media app with true 60 fps experience, no stuttering unlike in YT but with colours washed off af (like you see in a HDR10 x265 playing on a non-hdr monitor) and suckingly with "No Audio"! ? So either please help me resolve this Media aop playback problems or suggest me a good video player app that I can sideload (tried MX Player Pro arm version from apkmirror but it's displaying a message with non-clickable OK button so the message doesn't go away, the msg displayed is something like this: 'Need to verify license with a google account, click OK to proceed'. 
Apart from the above-mentioned problems, I'm very much satisfied with overall picture quality and brightness that an hdr panel needs and my sincere gratitude to Hisense for delivering such a high quality panel to my living room.

lemme know if anything else required, I'm happy to share with ya brilliant guys and gals. :)

UPDATE: Seems like the playback problem from external drive was due to incomplete initialization cuz the tv restarted once while I clicked on a video in the drive and since the restart it's working perfectly as it should. Will test on vlc after this. Thank God! See this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQ3hHfKsczhc4Xb41ZqwHQfOXwVbC7P8/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by D33P

On 4/17/2019 at 10:42 PM, dDave64 said:

Solutions to what? You’re getting 24fps content or maybe 30fps in some cases (all discs I am aware of will play 24 while most broadcasts will be 30. I believe streaming services are also limited to 24). There is a certain amount of “jitter” inherent in having framerates that low. High refresh rate just means the frames that actually exist can be swapped or faster. You can’t just magically make it 60fps.

Ikr. But at least the true 4k60 content from Jacob+Katie Schwarz, for eg., should display true 60 fps. I'm aware of the 24 and 30 fps standards and my eyes are mature enough to notice that sort of difference. ?

Only video games (and only some at that) have really broken into the higher fps stuff at this point in time.

Will report on the gaming performance soon even though I have an average cpu A10 7890k + MSI GamingX 1050ti. 

What’s the model of the TV?

VU Premium Android 4k 43-OA (launched in March). ?

On 4/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, TheFlyingTraut said:

Try cool channels like Jacob + Katie Schwarz, Timestorm Films, Phil Holland, and many more channels that have really cool 4k/8k HDR 60 FPS videos with amazing encoding and life-like experience. Idk what poop encoding you talking about cuz I only follow these above mentioned channels and I've never found shit encoding in any of their videos nor I found YouTube's bizzare compression algorithms messing with them.