So here is next gen graphics for next gen consoles

chitranjan

its not just as and certainly not more impressive. just look again . much more details and everything moves in cryengine. snowdrop is cool but not that ''next gen''

Yeah maybe Cryengine is technically more advanced (though I don't know) and Crysis 3/Ryse do look great but The Division and Snowdrop, to me, are equally good looking (in different ways) and if the marketing is to be believed, far larger in scale.

Also, when you say "everything moves" are you talking about physics? 'Cause if you are, have a look at the gameplay of The Division and you'll see there's plenty of cloth physics/simulation, equipment bobbing about as characters move and some very nice destruction too. So yeah, not sure why you keep saying that.

"What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"  ―Roberto

Yeah maybe Cryengine is technically more advanced (though I don't know) and Crysis 3/Ryse do look great but The Division and Snowdrop, to me, are equally good looking (in different ways) and if the marketing is to be believed, far larger in scale.

Also, when you say "everything moves" are you talking about physics? 'Cause if you are, have a look at the gameplay of The Division and you'll see there's plenty of cloth physics/simulation, equipment bobbing about as characters move and some very nice destruction too. So yeah, not sure why you keep saying that.

I think he is saying that the scene is animated. There are certain lighting techniques where the scene is pre-rendered and then you can move around the scene with relatively low compute power. All the compute effort is upfront to render the scene. Radiosity is the only one I have studied (not in great detail at all though). This methods can produce extremely realistic scenes for diffuse light only (i.e. no reflections) and it handles shadows really well but all calculations are carried out up front. After that you just pick a projection screen and move it around the scene with relative compute ease. But if anything in the scene moves, the entire scene has to be rendered again. So if you are to have an object moving across the screen, then it will require a huge amount of computing power.

I don't know what method is used to render this scene. It seems like some form of radiosity (all diffuse light, good shadows) but I'm guessing and could be way off.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

No way is that real. The phone looks more like a drawing than a game graphic. Looks too fake tbh

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

I think he is saying that the scene is animated. There are certain lighting techniques where the scene is pre-rendered and then you can move around the scene with relatively low compute power. All the compute effort is upfront to render the scene. Radiosity is the only one I have studied (not in great detail at all though). This methods can produce extremely realistic scenes for diffuse light only (i.e. no reflections) and it handles shadows really well but all calculations are carried out up front. After that you just pick a projection screen and move it around the scene with relative compute ease. But if anything in the scene moves, the entire scene has to be rendered again. So if you are to have an object moving across the screen, then it will require a huge amount of computing power.

I don't know what method is used to render this scene. It seems like some form of radiosity (all diffuse light, good shadows) but I'm guessing and could be way off.

As far as I'm concerned my conversation with s3ns3 has nothing to do with this topic. If you were referring to the picture in the OP, that's really interesting. Do you know if the lighting system might be using ray tracing? 'Cause I thought that was extremely performance intensive if you don't want the image to get really grainy when the camera moves. (Is radiosity a form of ray tracing?)

If the next gen hardware runs this, it will show how underutilized the pc is, and it will prove the fact that pc's could have gotten these graphics 5 years ago already, maybe even sooner.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Until there is actual in game footage, It's like every other game that has a trailer with pretty graphics that is not rendered in game.

O you mean actual in game footage like forza?

Im pritty shure thats fake!

like an hardcore fake cause that isnt possible yet

i rekon it is just not with any gaming rig

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

As far as I'm concerned my conversation with s3ns3 has nothing to do with this topic. If you were referring to the picture in the OP, that's really interesting. Do you know if the lighting system might be using ray tracing? 'Cause I thought that was extremely performance intensive if you don't want the image to get really grainy when the camera moves. (Is radiosity a form of ray tracing?)

I am about 99% sure it isn't ray tracing. RT is a lighting model that deals with specular lighting only (i.e. reflections from direct light). RT is compute heavy but it is calculated in real time. This is why moving objects do very well in RT as because the scene is rendered frame by frame, it doesn't matter if the objects in the scene move because you are rendering anyway.

Radiosity isn't a form of RT. RT does exactly what is says. It traces the paths of rays (hence specular relections). Radiosity works on the principle of heat energy radiating from surfaces. Every object radiates energy and light energy can be calculated in the same way. The amount of energy radiating from one surface to another depends on the geographical orientation and distance from one another. So the room is divided into objects, all form factors (amount of radiation that will be transferred from each object to every other ) are calculated and then it is a case of making moving the screen around the scene. But if any object moves, then all orientation calculations have to be done again. Since radiosity calculates the light bouncing from all objects, it doesn't have to guess the amount of ambient light. The majority of ambient light is diffuse light so radiosity tends to produce very realistic images. No hard shadows etc.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

and the animations? 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Too real, to scary real ._.

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

I am about 99% sure it isn't ray tracing. RT is a lighting model that deals with specular lighting only (i.e. reflections from direct light). RT is compute heavy but it is calculated in real time. This is why moving objects do very well in RT as because the scene is rendered frame by frame, it doesn't matter if the objects in the scene move because you are rendering anyway.

Radiosity isn't a form of RT. RT does exactly what is says. It traces the paths of rays (hence specular relections). Radiosity works on the principle of heat energy radiating from surfaces. Every object radiates energy and light energy can be calculated in the same way. The amount of energy radiating from one surface to another depends on the geographical orientation and distance from one another. So the room is divided into objects, all form factors (amount of radiation that will be transferred from each object to every other ) are calculated and then it is a case of making moving the screen around the scene. But if any object moves, then all orientation calculations have to be done again. Since radiosity calculates the light bouncing from all objects, it doesn't have to guess the amount of ambient light. The majority of ambient light is diffuse light so radiosity tends to produce very realistic images. No hard shadows etc.

Cool thanks for explaining that. I always like learning new things and while this kind of stuff kind of goes over my head a lot of the time, I still enjoy learning and feeling like I understand this stuff just a little bit more.

Time to mix shit up!

http://www.euclideon.com/products/geoverse/

Let those popcorn companies earn some cash *nom*

MATH WHAT ARE YOU DOING? MATH STAP!!!!

On a serious note.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Why are we not using this? FFS i remember seeing their original demo and i was like wtf figured it was maybe fake since nothing came of it and now this? FFS WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS? They are loading several petabytes of 3d data in less than a second from the HDD on a godam laptop. I cannot phatom what games could do with this stuff.

FFS WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS?

Because anything related to animation or fancy effects you see in games nowadays seem near-impossible with voxels, at least until Euclideon proves them wrong.

I don't expect this get much support until they actually show some progress since ... 2 years? GPU support, animation, some light effects? Still waiting

How many time you saw trailers are better than gameplay itself? This is one of that kind.

Because anything related to animation or fancy effects you see in games nowadays seem near-impossible with voxels, at least until Euclideon proves them wrong.

I don't expect this get much support until they actually show some progress since ... 2 years? GPU support, animation, some light effects? Still waiting

Hence the funding part.

Cool thanks for explaining that. I always like learning new things and while this kind of stuff kind of goes over my head a lot of the time, I still enjoy learning and feeling like I understand this stuff just a little bit more.

if you want something good to listen too

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

if you want something good to listen too

Yeah I watched that video a while ago when it was released. again, though, a lot of what he said just went straight over my head. Though I still found it fascinating. 

Yeah I watched that video a while ago when it was released. again, though, a lot of what he said just went straight over my head. Though I still found it fascinating. 

That's Carmack's super power