Corsair 600T - Red

IAcKI

Hi,

I have a Corsair 600t white in the mail. However, I wish for it to be red to match the 'Maximus V Formula' I will soon be purchasing. But, I have no idea how to paint it. I know that parts are plastic and other metal, I was wondering what the best way to to paint this case would be. All suggestions would be extremely helpful. I may also create a build log if you guys would want it as I will be doing other mods to the case, graphics card (soon to be cards!).

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

You could make it a red and white themed build.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

what all is marked for the red color?

all the "white" exterior (except the side-panels) are plastic. the side-panels

are steel. MNPC Tech has a great PC painting tutorial. LINKY

airdeano

The easiest way to make a case red is vinyl wrap it. it will give you consistancy with the red and it's the cheapest solution but require a lot of skills. est cost: less then $50 if you already have a hot air gun (hair drier might work)

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

The easiest way to make a case red is vinyl wrap it. it will give you consistancy with the red and it's the cheapest solution but require a lot of skills. est cost: less then $50 if you already have a hot air gun (hair drier might work)

using vinyl wrap is not the easiest on a 600T, if you want it to look good at least. just on the front shell, there are 18

compound curves (which lend to severe stretch {not good if using patterned wrap} or wrinkles). with a white under

coat, if stretched too thin, the color will actually pink-out. we tinkered with a case 30hrs just on the front and top shells

and gave up using 3M Di-NOC. even trying to use imitation wraps, just as horrendous.

used 3M scotch-brite red pads, scuffed the shell pieces, clean/prep, plasti-primed, and color shot in 4hrs.

airdeano

using vinyl wrap is not the easiest on a 600T, if you want it to look good at least. just on the front shell, there are 18

compound curves (which lend to severe stretch {not good if using patterned wrap} or wrinkles). with a white under

coat, if stretched too thin, the color will actually pink-out. we tinkered with a case 30hrs just on the front and top shells

and gave up using 3M Di-NOC. even trying to use imitation wraps, just as horrendous.

used 3M scotch-brite red pads, scuffed the shell pieces, clean/prep, plasti-primed, and color shot in 4hrs.

airdeano

^ agree with you change easiest to cheapest.

CPU: Intel i7-3930k @4.2GHz,  Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100, Case: Corsair 600t, RAM: 8x4GB Corsair Vengance Black 1600mhz CL9, GPU: Gigabyte 6870OC ,PSU: Corsair AX1200 ,Boot Drive: Sandisk Extream 240GB ,Game Drive: OCZ Agility 3 120GB ,Storage Drive - 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ,Storage Drive - 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB ,Ram Cooler: 2x Kingston HyperX Memory Cooler (Blue)

In my opinion you should only paint the outside of the case like the mesh bits and the outer part of the glass, it would make it a very good looking red and white themed build.

If you have the cash, try taking it to a body shop, they would probably paint it for you, though may be pricey and unless they are techy guys you would have to be specific of what needs to be covered (if the inside gets painted then the standoffs) and you would probably have to take it apart, for them, as I doubt it is a conventional request :P Probably yield the best results but will be pricey 

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

using vinyl wrap is not the easiest on a 600T, if you want it to look good at least. just on the front shell, there are 18 compound curves (which lend to severe stretch {not good if using patterned wrap} or wrinkles). with a white under coat, if stretched too thin, the color will actually pink-out. we tinkered with a case 30hrs just on the front and top shells and gave up using 3M Di-NOC. even trying to use imitation wraps, just as horrendous. used 3M scotch-brite red pads, scuffed the shell pieces, clean/prep, plasti-primed, and color shot in 4hrs. airdeano

For future reference, 3M 1080 is much better for compound curves than Di-Noc, I still doubt 1080 would work on a 600T though.

For future reference, 3M 1080 is much better for compound curves than Di-Noc, I still doubt 1080 would work on a 600T though.

you are correct, but any radius under .500" all materials get "kinky". the over-the-top coverage isn't as wild,

just the interior complexes are severely deformed. single color isn't as bad as prints.

airdeano

Take it to a car body shop with it in hand, even without calling first, and say "hi, I'd like to paint my computer case" more than likely they'll accept your challenge. They'll charge a reasonable fee, you'll be able to chose from a selection of colours and it'll be top quality, better than anything you can do yourself :)

If they turn you down, don't fret, take it to another car body shop.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

i went to a hobby shop and got my self a spray gun, sprayed it in the back garden and aslong as u keep it moving gives a nice even finish... i also layer my things about 3-8 times just to make sure it has a clean finish

Character artist in the Games industry.