Monitor on sleep mode

Zort

When i turn on my PC the monitor shows Black screen, but the monitor keeps blinking with the green color. and i have to keep pressing the space bar so it doesnt sleep. that means it works, the monitor works for about 20 to 30 mins, and i have to wake it up from sleep mode, and i have an old monitor that i am using right now and it works fine, and it doesnt show black screen. the monitor might be on sleep mode or its broken, How do i fix this. Thanks

if you need this

specs:

CPU: i5-4950

GPU: 1050 ti

RAM: 8GB

PSU: 290W

What type of monitor is it? There should be some options/buttons on the monitor itself where you can change its own settings. Its likely linked to the issue being the monitor rather than your system.

Most monitors nowadays will have buttons on the bottom right either just behind or underneath. This is where you can change the input device (if you monitor has more than 1 input such as DVI, HDMI or Displayport) as well as other settings for brightness, contrast etc. Navigate the settings and see if there is a low power mode or sleep mode enabled option and just disable it. 

If that doesnt help or there is no setting/function, you will need to check your Power options. Select your power plan and change the plan settings. The first option will be about your display turning off. You can also select to change "advanced power settings" and check the display and other settings in this to make sure it is set how you like.

If none of this works, well I would say you should really get a new PSU. 290W is not standard and thats a really low wattage which may be causing some issues with power management though I cannot be certain. A 350W PSU would likely be better for this. (Also I assume you meant you have an i5-4590?)

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

yes there is buttons on the buttom right, i will try to do it.

And why do i have to upgrade PSU and stuff  if my old monitor works

i am on my monitor (thats on sleep mode) and i have checked the bottons and no sleep mode options there, only Reset factory and scale.

i have changed some of the power options and hope that works