JPStone

$1000 USD for i?

Ryzen 7 2700X w/Wraith Max Cooler.

Asus Prime X470-PRO 

16GB (2X8GB) Gskill Trident Z RGB 

PNY Geforce GTX 1070 XLR8 OC2 

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 2.5" HDD

EVGA 650 GQ 650 W 80+ Gold PSU

Thermaltake View 71 TG Full Tower ATX case...

Thanks.

R7 Build 1.JPG

R7 Build 2.jpg

R7 Build 3.jpg

R7 Build 4.JPG

R7 Build info - Copy.jpg

Too much. 800-900 is more like it.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

850$ -900$would be the best, you can put together a similar rig with a similar or better gpu(1660ti) for a similar price point.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

I lowered the asking to $900 see if I get any offers. Not in any rush to sell it. Really hoping to get enough out of it to buy a 2080. Thank you for your input its always though to price a CPU you built I think since you have a more invested interest in getting as much for it as you can also I unfortunately bought most of the stuff during the crypto craze so everything was much more expensive and I knew I would never get out of it what I put into it when I did decide to sell it.

$900 is only $100 less than what it'd get to get basically the same system now, with full warranty.
Change out some of the parts to alternatives without sacrificing performance and you can get basically the same thing for even less.

You're far too overpriced. You're more likely to get in the $700 ball park.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I wouldn't buy it period. Your storage situation sucks for a PC that high-end. For something at the $900-1,000 mark, I'd be expecting at least a 240GB SSD and 2TB worth of hard drive space. A single 2.5" drive (5400RPM?) isn't anywhere near adequate for a system like yours. By comparison, my system has a 250GB M.2 NVME drive, two 1TB SSDs and a 4TB hard drive, and up until I added 16GB more RAM last week, my specs were not too far off of yours. A better processor, yes, but otherwise similar.

Drop the $30 to get a 240GB Inland SSD off of Amazon, then either add a 3.5" 7200RPM HDD that's no smaller than 1TB or replace the one you have with a 2TB or 4TB 3.5" drive. I'm not going to rag on you too much because otherwise you've got a damn solid machine there. Once the storage situation is fixed, I'd pay about $800 for it as an end user, $700 if you just wanted it gone and I intended to flip.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I wouldn't buy it period. Your storage situation sucks for a PC that high-end. For something at the $900-1,000 mark, I'd be expecting at least a 240GB SSD and 2TB worth of hard drive space. A single 2.5" drive (5400RPM?) isn't anywhere near adequate for a system like yours. By comparison, my system has a 250GB M.2 NVME drive, two 1TB SSDs and a 4TB hard drive, and up until I added 16GB more RAM last week, my specs were not too far off of yours. A better processor, yes, but otherwise similar.

Drop the $30 to get a 240GB Inland SSD off of Amazon, then either add a 3.5" 7200RPM HDD that's no smaller than 1TB or replace the one you have with a 2TB or 4TB 3.5" drive. I'm not going to rag on you too much because otherwise you've got a damn solid machine there. Once the storage situation is fixed, I'd pay about $800 for it as an end user, $700 if you just wanted it gone and I intended to flip.

I do have a 500GB SSD that I could throw in I guess that would be fair enough and increase interest in PC. The HDD is not horrible for gaming yea maybe not the best but better than some HDDs I have used in the past. Point taken and thank you.

Unfortunately, with Ryzen, you won't get nearly as much as it cost. And like just mentioned previously, upgrade the storage. A 1tb SSD for $100 can probably add $200 in value (no I don't mean it's now worth $1200). You can even get the Crucial P1 1tb NVMe for $104 on sale which adds even more value because your can use the marketing term NVMe. 

I listed my 2600x, Vega 64 liquid cooled, b die RAM, high end mobo, nvme, ssd, hdd.. The works.. Didn't get many bites.. 

Used same system and added a 9700k and Z390 Aorus Ultra in it and sold it for a little more than everything cost new, in about 2 weeks of being listed on letgo.. Maybe I just got lucky, though..

Marketing is a huge part, do some research, upgrade a few parts and you should be able to get between $900 and 1k. I would do a 1tb cheap nvne and 2tb hdd. Or 500gb nvne and 1tb ssd. See what's on sale, no need to spend a fortune.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

28 minutes ago, JPStone said:

I lowered the asking to $900 see if I get any offers. Not in any rush to sell it. Really hoping to get enough out of it to buy a 2080. Thank you for your input its always though to price a CPU you built I think since you have a more invested interest in getting as much for it as you can also I unfortunately bought most of the stuff during the crypto craze so everything was much more expensive and I knew I would never get out of it what I put into it when I did decide to sell it.

Things is the 1070 is like 400ish now.  That is what drives the price soo high.  Like the gurus up top said, I was thinking 800 dollars myself.  1k is just too much unless you don't have a conscious and want to rip someone off.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

9 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Unfortunately, with Ryzen, you won't get nearly as much as it cost. And like just mentioned previously, upgrade the storage. A 1tb SSD for $100 can probably add $200 in value (no I don't mean it's now worth $1200). You can even get the Crucial P1 1tb NVMe for $104 on sale which adds even more value because your can use the marketing term NVMe. 

I listed my 2600x, Vega 64 liquid cooled, b die RAM, high end mobo, nvme, ssd, hdd.. The works.. Didn't get many bites.. 

Used same system and added a 9700k and Z390 Aorus Ultra in it and sold it for a little more than everything cost new, in about 2 weeks of being listed on letgo.. Maybe I just got lucky, though..

Marketing is a huge part, do some research, upgrade a few parts and you should be able to get between $900 and 1k. I would do a 1tb cheap nvne and 2tb hdd. Or 500gb nvne and 1tb ssd. See what's on sale, no need to spend a fortune.. 

Yea selling custom build PCs (or an used PC hardware) is for sure tough. You almost have to be giving bargain basement pricing to sell at least quickly. Those like us on here (enthusiasts) if we want a custom PC we build one not go out and buy one that someone else has built. Those who want to just buy a pre built rig I think would rather maybe spend a little more and go to Origin or NZXT BLD or other boutique retailers and get a custom rig that comes with all new in box parts and some sort of guarantee. Not much incentive to buy used especially at anywhere near MSRP prices. I don't get how I see these 1080 Ti cards popping up for $800+  asking price when you can get a 2080 for $900. Yea they are rare now a days but a 2080 is just as good and maybe a little better than a 1080 ti. Im not in a hurry so if I get some offers ill entertain them and if not IDK maybe ill just part it out before the value of the components drops even more.

40 minutes ago, JPStone said:

Yea selling custom build PCs (or an used PC hardware) is for sure tough. You almost have to be giving bargain basement pricing to sell at least quickly. Those like us on here (enthusiasts) if we want a custom PC we build one not go out and buy one that someone else has built. Those who want to just buy a pre built rig I think would rather maybe spend a little more and go to Origin or NZXT BLD or other boutique retailers and get a custom rig that comes with all new in box parts and some sort of guarantee. Not much incentive to buy used especially at anywhere near MSRP prices. I don't get how I see these 1080 Ti cards popping up for $800+  asking price when you can get a 2080 for $900. Yea they are rare now a days but a 2080 is just as good and maybe a little better than a 1080 ti. Im not in a hurry so if I get some offers ill entertain them and if not IDK maybe ill just part it out before the value of the components drops even more.

Yup. Most people that don't build don't really know/understand there are different quality motherboard, power supplies, speed of ram/storage or models of GPUs. 

I did get a few bites that actually asked me what parts I used so they could compare to new prices to build it themselves if I wasn't below market.. 

They just want to see:

8700k/2700x

16gb RAM

RTX 2070

500gb SSD

1tb HDD

600 watts

Then they just find the cheapest they can with those specs not realizing they're getting shitty parts that will need replacing.. 

That's why I brought up marketing. NVMe is becoming common knowledge, large SSDs sell easier than hard drives with 120gb SSDs.. A cheaper 2080 is still a 2080 to common folks. 650 watts is 650 watts, etc.. 

The person that bought mine actually considered going to Micro Center. When I met up with him we were talking about why I was selling it and what not and I told him I wanted to get ready for the new AMD CPUs that are coming out soon and he went on with telling me about all the deals micro center was having (acted like I didn't know hehe).. Cool guy though.. So he definitely did his research and considered building his own.. Some are still scared to do it themselves, but have a great understanding of quality vs garbage parts.. He valued parts because I had a EVGA 750 P2, B Die RAM, high end mobo, top end 2080 FTW3, etc.. I got him interested and then told him I could go lower if he used his own drive, kept my $200 NVMe and took off 100 bucks.. Gotta work them, build rapport!! 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build