Can you recommend an hdd for a ps2 slim softmod?

centurion_08

I want to softmod my ps2 slim so i can play games off an hdd. Ps2 is quite old therefore it has an older USB standard.

Maybe you can recommend a specific model 500gb or 1tb that would fit the bill??

Kind Regards.

10 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

I want to softmod my ps2 slim so i can play games off an hdd. Ps2 is quite old therefore it has an older USB standard.

Kind Regards.

i don't see any reason why an SSD/usb wouldn't work?

WD Blue passport? Usb is backwards compatible so dont worry.

While ssd is faster and can shorten the loading time..it is more expensive.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

Kind Regards.

Any external 2.5" HDD will work, but bear in mind that many games don't play video cutscenes or will straight up crash when run from ISO backups off an HDD, mostly because the PS2 only has USB 1.1 ports with extremely limited speed. Also note that you'll need the original games to create your own ISO backups to place on the HDD because legal reasons. GameShark is what I used to put FreeMcBoot on a memory card to softmod our PS2 slim many years ago. Since then I haven't touched it though because PC gaming became a thing in my life.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 minutes ago, kirashi said:

you'll need the original games to create your own ISO backups to place on the HDD because legal reasons

*Laugh in emuparadise

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

23 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

most pc with old i5 can run PS2 emu very smoothly

59 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I like to play on a original hardware. It's a purist thing with a little exception.

Thanks for all the info.

5 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

But not all games.

Some games are problematic even today.

Especially since the Windows Vulkan Renderer isn't nearly as compatible as the OpenGL Renderer.

Wich then again means Linux...

So if you want to try Emulation, you should look into Linux...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

12 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

PCSX2 is a mess. Being able to run higher resolution doesn't make up for all the bugs vs playing on real hardware IMO. It's nowhere near as good an emulator as Dolphin or even Cemu IMO.