LTT Store Shipping

Freebo

Hi All,

Just watched WAN show and thought I'd stick an order in, now I know international shipping is much better but I just found something a little off and probably unreasonable when calculating the shipping..

So I wanted to order two t-shirts and some cable ties but the shipping got somewhat high so begain altering what I had in the basket to see If I could bring it down, after doing this I found out that the shipping is nearly doubling between a small and an xxl of the very same t-shirt! Now I know the xxl is going to be a bit bigger and slighly heavier but I wouldnt have expected it to be any where near enough to nearly double the shipping!

Here's my example:

1 Small TechLinked classic tee shipped to the UK $7.57 - seems fair

Smalltshirt.PNG.2397426dbbdf5db620fa0244f2b50b36.PNG

1 XXL TechLinked classic tee shipped to the UK $14.59 - WTH?

XXLtshirt.PNG.65fc48a6aaca938a9c4a8360fa0cc4d2.PNG

Is this some kind of fat tax? (I joke)

Shipping costs have been an issue for a while now.

LMG have tried to bring the shipping price down but international shipping from Canada is expensive, so there's not really much they can do about it for the time being.

It sucks but you'll just have to put up with it unfortunately.

Just now, XR6 said:

Shipping costs have been an issue for a while now. Shipping from Canada is expensive, so there's not really much LTT/LMG can do in the way of cheaper shipping.

You'll just have to put up with it unfortunately.

I don't think you've understood my point, I've never known anywhere to charge drastically different ammounts based on if you get a small or an XXL. I feel the shipping is much more resonable than it was but this just seems like a bug.

Well the problem is that LMG have got a personal contract with canda post and seeing as how LMG is only a small(ish) business they would have got a worse deal than elsewhere. (most other youtubers use a third party as well) The way I see it is that the xxl must of just gone over the weight threshold for the lower price bracket. Personally I think the difference between S and XXL is pretty significant, maybe 80% more weight? Either way these new prices are very reasonable IMO.

Also if you think that's bad the postal service in the UK lets you send parcels but anything over 2Kg (even 2050g) the price goes from £5 to £25. 

Hi when I try to order to Switzerland I do not get any shipping quote because

"There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address".

reasons? Switzerland is still part of Europe.

Thx

Annotation 2019-04-03 114339.png

• 3 weeks later...

Watched WAN show this week, they discussed shipping again and have another promotion. Does anyone know if the above issue is resolved or has been explained? Also is anyone able to test it in Canada to see if it has the same issue?

edit: just did some further testing, Small-XL were at the cheaper rate 2XL and 3XL at the higher rate. I also found an issue when I tried another shirt when it then said no shipping was available I my region despite other shirts working no problem.  

Just bought a water bottle and a Constellation T and i will say this, the $25.70 shipping is actually okay now. Ive bought many guitar related items like pickups, pedals and a few guitars from the states, and taking the pedals and pickups as a guide, the shipping to the UK is actually pretty decent.

I paid $65 for my cowboy boots to be imported from the USA, and for the LTT shipping to be this decent is a good thing.

Only thing is that because its all over £37 UK, I'm expecting a Customs Charge now of around £20-£25 sadly. Still worth it.

At least it aint as bas as make up, know a lassie who spent £50 on make up from the states, and was lumbered with a £60 Customs Charge as the percentage is like 60% or something crazy. If she had done two separate orders she would have been the initial £50.

The LTT shipping costs were bad to start with, now they are okay and palatable in my opinion.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

33 minutes ago, ESPImperium said:

Just bought a water bottle and a Constellation T and i will say this, the $25.70 shipping is actually okay now. Ive bought many guitar related items like pickups, pedals and a few guitars from the states, and taking the pedals and pickups as a guide, the shipping to the UK is actually pretty decent.

I paid $65 for my cowboy boots to be imported from the USA, and for the LTT shipping to be this decent is a good thing.

Only thing is that because its all over £37 UK, I'm expecting a Customs Charge now of around £20-£25 sadly. Still worth it.

At least it aint as bas as make up, know a lassie who spent £50 on make up from the states, and was lumbered with a £60 Customs Charge as the percentage is like 60% or something crazy. If she had done two separate orders she would have been the initial £50.

The LTT shipping costs were bad to start with, now they are okay and palatable in my opinion.

Yes I agree they are waaaay better than before, my main issue is why two totally different prices (nearly doubled) when you by a 2XL or 3XL compared to the other smaller sizes? Is it simply down to weight or is something else at play/fault here? Also shipping to the UK doesnt seem to work for some items (ie another design of shirt) which I find very odd.

2 hours ago, Freebo said:

Yes I agree they are waaaay better than before, my main issue is why two totally different prices (nearly doubled) when you by a 2XL or 3XL compared to the other smaller sizes? Is it simply down to weight or is something else at play/fault here? Also shipping to the UK doesnt seem to work for some items (ie another design of shirt) which I find very odd.

You should contact the store Support to get an answer. No one on the forum is going to know unless an LMG employee stumbles haphazardly across this thread.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why does people buy these merchandise? Honest question

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

15 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Two reasons, primarily:

1. To support the channel (this is the obvious reason). You buy some of their merch, they make a profit. It helps increase content, quality, their access to equipment, etc, and helps to reduce the number of sponsor spots needed.
2. Because you like the visual look and/or quality of the merch. This one is entirely subjective to personal tastes in fashion.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

Some people like having stuff that remind them of their favorite creator, game, etc

Also cause some merch look nice

9 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Some people like having stuff that remind them of their favorite creator, game, etc

Also cause some merch look nice

It's no different from getting a T-Shirt with Captain America on it, or Darth Vader, or the Serenity, etc.

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You should contact the store Support to get an answer. No one on the forum is going to know unless an LMG employee stumbles haphazardly across this thread.

Yea, I would have done that but theres no 'About us' or 'Contact us' on the Store that I can see unless I'm just being blind..

1 minute ago, Freebo said:

Yea, I would have done that but theres no 'About us' or 'Contact us' on the Store that I can see unless I'm just being blind..

Good question - I've never shopped from the current new store, so I don't even have an account (Unless forum credentials work?). I'd maybe PM a mod and ask them who you should reach out to (or they might be able to point to the right spot for support).

9 hours ago, Freebo said:

It could just be down to that, I once got a band T imported and the shipping was $9.95 no matter the size. On a message board there was someone moaning that their womens size small was half the weight of the XL that they bought for their partner and wanted half the shipping back for her shirt. It was told to her that they have to do this as the smaller folk subsidise the bigger folk.

Since then the company switched to a $9.95 for the first item then $5.00 for every subsequent T shirt and textile based item. Shipping costs are hellish to calculate for any small and even smaller company to do. 

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks on and I must say that the quality of the bottle is great, the T Shirt is good quality as well.

Only one issue, the tracking info came to me as a UPS number and not a Canada Post number, so I couldn't track where it has been and where it is going.

All at @LinusTech have done a good job on quality merchandise and a mostly great shopping experience with one little tweak needed.

Was thinking about a lounge in cheek LTT Bottle unboxing video.

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

3 hours ago, ESPImperium said:

Two weeks on and I must say that the quality of the bottle is great, the T Shirt is good quality as well.

Only one issue, the tracking info came to me as a UPS number and not a Canada Post number, so I couldn't track where it has been and where it is going.

All at @LinusTech have done a good job on quality merchandise and a mostly great shopping experience with one little tweak needed.

Was thinking about a lounge in cheek LTT Bottle unboxing video.

Who delivered the product to your door? Royal Mail, or UPS?

If Royal Mail, it was Canada Post that handed it off. If UPS, it likely was UPS the entire time (we do have UPS in Canada after all). If the tracking number was a UPS tracking number, it should have worked the entire time.

• 1 month later...

Postage 34USD is a lot to send a hoodie to Australia which is 49AUD. Postage is too expensive even for a water bottle. It's a shame otherwise I would purchase one.

looking at the description of the shipping used. it could just be down to the size of the package. it would b sad if that is the case, but it makes some sense at least. 

9 hours ago, club17 said:

Postage 34USD is a lot to send a hoodie to Australia which is 49AUD. Postage is too expensive even for a water bottle. It's a shame otherwise I would purchase one.

Welcome to Canada - land of higher than average shipping costs. It's significantly cheaper to ship inside Canada and to the US, for them. Anything overseas is a massive price jump.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:17 AM, GoldenLag said:

looking at the description of the shipping used. it could just be down to the size of the package. it would b sad if that is the case, but it makes some sense at least. 

I had another look the other day and this is still happening, thing is an XL shirt has the same shipping as a Small but the 2XL is still nearly double the price :(

7 minutes ago, Freebo said:

I had another look the other day and this is still happening, thing is an XL shirt has the same shipping as a Small but the 2XL is still nearly double the price :(

its probably just the physical size of the package. since its air transport price might jump suddenly for whatever reason.