Laptop shutting down when playing demanding games

I posted here a couple weeks ago regarding my MSI GT70 2PC Dominator shutting down when playing demanding games such as Elite Dangerous and Cities Skylines. I thought the issue lied in the broken CPU heatsink mount that's affixed to the motherboard or faulty sensors, but after buying a new motherboard, the problem persists. My only guesses are the problem is either with the CPU or the GPU. Is there any way I can narrow down the problem to one of these two components? Or do you folks have any suggestions as to where else the issue could be appearing from? I've ran diagnostic tests on the RAM, and all is well on that front. Thank you for your time. 

Can you monitor temperatures when in game? That's the easiest way to figure out what would be happening

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Can you monitor temperatures when in game? That's the easiest way to figure out what would be happening

Oops, forgot to mention those. The temps for both CPU and GPU sit between 70 to 72C while in game. While compiling source code in Linux the CPU temp climbs to 90C and stays at that temp.