Anyone know wth is going on here ?

JayBee805

It keeps happening gta v online n I get almost the same FPS on 1440p & 4k it’s crazy idk what it is post some pics I’m sure you guys will b able to tell which one is 1440p & 4k 

477F5478-1CF7-4A70-B36E-627DEBE88B38.jpeg

E4439325-DF08-4D33-8FC4-B07204F96006.jpeg

25 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

I get almost the same FPS on 1440p & 4k

how are we supposed to see the difference between framerates by looking at 2 still photos? And how can we tell which is 1440p and which is 4k unless your camera is super high fidelity? And how are we supposed to troubleshoot this problem when we don't even know your specs, or if you removed the FPS limit in GTA's settings?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

how are we supposed to see the difference between framerates by looking at 2 still photos? And how can we tell which is 1440p and which is 4k unless your camera is super high fidelity? And how are we supposed to troubleshoot this problem when we don't even know your specs, or if you removed the FPS limit in GTA's settings?

Geez man sorry , the only thing I can come up with is 2 pictures .. and Asus is 1440p , LG 4k. My specs are i7 8700k , 16 gb Corsair platinum dominator rgb 3600 MHz , gpu is EVGA 2080 ti XC , MOBO aourus máster  .. and sorry not sure what u mean by FPS limit 

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You can see that the second image is the 4K one, but yeah, agree with the rest. Need more details.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

1 minute ago, bruny06 said:

You can see that the second image is the 4K one, but yeah, agree with the rest. Need more details.

Check my post above bro , thank you 

25 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

not sure what u mean by FPS limit 

In the graphics settings you can turn off vsync, set an auto refresh rate cap, etc. By default it's like 30 or 24 or something.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

25 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

In the graphics settings you can turn off vsync, set an auto refresh rate cap, etc. By default it's like 30 or 24 or something.

I did have it off for both , and had it on 144 for the Asus? 

1 minute ago, JayBee805 said:

I did have it off for both , and had it on 144 for the Asus? 

If your target is 144, what are you getting?

Primary PC:

32 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If your target is 144, what are you getting?

Well I’m not really targeting 144 I’m just wondering why I’m getting the same FPS on these 2 resolutions it’s weird .. like something is wrong 

17 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

Well I’m not really targeting 144 I’m just wondering why I’m getting the same FPS on these 2 resolutions it’s weird .. like something is wrong 

Higher resolution increases the load on your GPU. As you can see, your GPU usage is 44% in the 1440p screenshot, and 98% in the 4K screenshot, over 2x as much, which is exactly what we would expect since 4K is slightly more than 2x as many pixels as 1440p. The GPU must do more work to maintain the same FPS. Once you max out the GPU, the GPU cannot do more work, and therefore cannot maintain the same FPS, and your FPS will drop if you increase the load even more.

In short, your FPS does not drop from increased resolution until your GPU is maxed out.

17 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Higher resolution increases the load on your GPU. As you can see, your GPU usage is 44% in the 1440p screenshot, and 98% in the 4K screenshot, over 2x as much, which is exactly what we would expect since 4K is slightly more than 2x as many pixels as 1440p. The GPU must do more work to maintain the same FPS. Once you max out the GPU, the GPU cannot do more work, and therefore cannot maintain the same FPS, and your FPS will drop if you increase the load even more.

In short, your FPS does not drop from increased resolution until your GPU is maxed out.

Okay , so nothing is really wrong right ? Sorry stupid question pretty new to pc gaming ... n if everything is okay might as well play in 4k 

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yes, everything is fine.

Thank you @Glenwing I really appreciate it