How to get cheap windows 10 key

LTX
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

@TechSageX Get a personal USB you own or buy one that's at least 8GB I believe you can get a 64GB for like $10, and on another PC download the the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsofts download page. Run the program and do the create media installer with USB, follow the steps and it will guide you through making a Windows 10 Installation USB. Boot into the USB after that completes on the computer you want to install windows on and follow the steps through the installer and bam, windows 10 its free to use minus some customization options and a watermark saying it's un-activated. It's actually from Microsoft and you can use it for as long as you want without activating it. If you really want to activate it then you can buy a key from any Microsoft retailer. But there are also cheaper keys on places like Kinguin or Ebay that are legit keys, but are considered Grey Market.

I'm about to build a new PC...i dont want to pay $200CDN for a usb with windows 10 on it from microsoft. I'm probably going to install it onto a usb and boot it up from there. However, I will need an activation key...whats the cheapest method of acquiring one..I've seen some for like $15 online but they dont seem legitimate...any ideas? 

You can get a legit key on eBay for $5, but I couldn't really do so in good conscience as it's indirectly supporting theft (People buy payment information on the dark web, buy a bunch of WIndows 10 keys, and sell them for cheap so it's untraceable).

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

1 minute ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

You can get a legit key on eBay for $5, but I couldn't really do so in good conscience as it's indirectly supporting theft (People buy payment information on the dark web, buy a bunch of WIndows 10 keys, and sell them for cheap so it's untraceable).

yeah I can;t do that either....guess I'l drop into bestbuy and buy a windows 10 CD and just use the activation code

Google ‘cheap windows keys’ 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Google ‘cheap windows keys’ 

I don't want to drop my credit card in some sketchy website lol

Just buy one from ebay. Who cares where it came from.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

Just buy one from ebay. Who cares where it came from.

It's not who I am as a person. It goes against my values. Some people might be able to do that but not me

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

If you're at Uni / college / some higher education, they usually sell keys for ~$5.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

idk, but u can get it for free

i tried it and all it does is say "activate windows" in the bottom right corner thats transparent, and even its not always there

if you think its sketchy, dont try it

but from personal experience it really works 

* thread cleaned *

If you're unable or unwilling to help, then don't reply and move on.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

13 hours ago, TechSageX said:

It's not who I am as a person. It goes against my values. Some people might be able to do that but not me

While I agree, the reality is that a lot of options to buy Windows on the cheap will carry the same level of shadiness.

I have successfully been able to activate Windows through upgrading my Windows 7 installation. People are also reporting that you can still sometimes use Win 7 and Win 8 keys for this same purpose.

I needed to get a new Windows 7 key last year as I was doing a new HTPC build and needed Windows Media Center.  Since MSFT doesn't sell Win 7 keys any longer I bought it from PC Destination.  It activated fine and I've had no issues. When I updated to Win 10 Pro I purchased the key directly from MSFT (the cost was not an issue for me).  However, PC Destination do sell less expensive Win 10 keys as per the link.  They also say they are a legit MSFT partner; maybe yes, maybe no but the price is certainly lower than other outlets.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

Don't give your money to Microsoft, you pay for Windows 10 just by all the data they're mining from you. Use a key reseller, that's what I've done in the past when I've needed a key for a Microsoft product.

@TechSageX Get a personal USB you own or buy one that's at least 8GB I believe you can get a 64GB for like $10, and on another PC download the the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsofts download page. Run the program and do the create media installer with USB, follow the steps and it will guide you through making a Windows 10 Installation USB. Boot into the USB after that completes on the computer you want to install windows on and follow the steps through the installer and bam, windows 10 its free to use minus some customization options and a watermark saying it's un-activated. It's actually from Microsoft and you can use it for as long as you want without activating it. If you really want to activate it then you can buy a key from any Microsoft retailer. But there are also cheaper keys on places like Kinguin or Ebay that are legit keys, but are considered Grey Market.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 7:51 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

I just tried running the media creation tool and it says error cant install on the device....the usb is a 32gb corsair survivor