4x GTX1070 cooling

Greetings

Our customer has asked us to build render server, so we did.

It has Intel i9-9900k, 64GB DDR4 memory, Asus WS Z390 mobo and 4x Gainward GTX1070 8GB GPUs connected with 4-way SLI adapter.

And there is obvious problem - temperatures - which are holding us back.

Lowest GPU is coolest one, no problems there. (up to 70 degrees Celcius on Octanebench), however as we go up, temperatures increase and on top card we have ~80 degrees and if we close case then it rises to ~84 degrees and before I added additional case fan on side of CPUs it went even higher.

Of course there is an obvious solution for that problem - watercooling. However can we cool down four cards on same reservoir and pump or do we need to build two separate loops? CPU has it's dedicated AIO running, so there is also a problem with lack of mounting space for radiator (we use Thermaltake View 27 case).

Also there is a side-mounting possibility in this case so I can mount top card to side to hopefully help with it's temps. However SLI bridge is on the way - is it necessary or can I remove it?

Maybe there are some other ways (high amperage fans, other mods) that we could try before ordering four waterblocks and diving inside hell? :)

Thanks guys and greetings from Lithuania!

You could swap the case for one that allows you to mount 2 large radiators and swap the CPU cooling with an air cooler so you'd have two cards per loop. Also I don't think that case is very great in terms of airflow so maybe just swapping cases will already help you.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

You should be ok if you use an horizontal case with front air intake

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I think dual 2080 have the same performance as four way 1070.

Less heat generation.

But anyway 84c is not that bad, don't panic.

Have a front intake fans that blows directly to the cards.

And have 1 or 2 more exhaust to eliminate heat pockets.

The key is building negative pressure inside the case is better than pumping air in.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Thanks guys

I realized SLI bridge is not needed at all, so removed it and mounted one of the cards vertically. Now there is an air gap between bottom and upper cards and it already helped with temps (well at least while I don't have riser to connect 4th card). Also I changed air direction of my fans to blow off air making vacuum inside as it seems logic to dissipate heat pockets, however my suspicion is I need either more powerful fans or I need other case with better airflow at front side...