2 different types of ssd

Elijah Pogs
Go to solution Solved by Vicariously,
11 minutes ago, Elijah Pogs said:

Hi! I have a question. Is it okay to use 2 different types of ssd on a pc? My first ssd was i think ADATA and I just installed a Samsung Evo

The only problem would be if wanted to create a RAID with both of the SSDs. Probably wouldn't work very well if they were very different. Otherwise, if you are using them as separate partitions, you will have no problems. Just treat them like regular HDDs

Hi! I have a question. Is it okay to use 2 different types of ssd on a pc? My first ssd was i think ADATA and I just installed a Samsung Evo

6 minutes ago, Elijah Pogs said:

Yeah, you should be fine.

11 minutes ago, Elijah Pogs said:

The only problem would be if wanted to create a RAID with both of the SSDs. Probably wouldn't work very well if they were very different. Otherwise, if you are using them as separate partitions, you will have no problems. Just treat them like regular HDDs

7 minutes ago, Vicariously said:

What do you mean treat them like regular HDDs? 

2 minutes ago, Elijah Pogs said:

What do you mean treat them like regular HDDs? 

The older style mechanical hard drives with the spinning disk. The SSDs are functionally identical and use the same connectors. So if you are familiar with the older hard drives, you will be good to go.

25 minutes ago, Vicariously said:

The older style mechanical hard drives with the spinning disk. The SSDs are functionally identical and use the same connectors. So if you are familiar with the older hard drives, you will be good to go.

Im actually new to that