Really unsure as to what PC case to get...

Go to solution Solved by NunoLava1998,

Why the fuck would you buy the OS lol (unless already have it)

I'd recommend going for a Corsair 88R, looks much better than the Q300L and focus g

I'm going for a micro-atx build but I'm unsure as to which case to buy.

I'm considering going for the Fractal Design Focus G Mini but there's the Coolermaster Q300L that's 5 quid cheaper and I don't know which'll be better... 

But I'm also tempted to increase my budget and go for the Fractal Design Meshify C Mini or Define C Mini since these two cases both look really nice and have very good reputations in build quality and airflow. 

I really don't know so I need your help. 

Here's my build: 

I'd recommend going for a Corsair 88R, looks much better than the Q300L and focus g

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You mean the operating system? No way, I'm not spending 100 quid just to get Win10.

Oh yeah the Corsair 88R, I completely forgot about it, thanks!

Edited by greatvortex

4 minutes ago, greatvortex said:

You mean the operating system? No way, I'm not spending 100 quid just to get Win10.

Oh yeah the Corsair 88R, I completely forgot about it, thanks!

The 88R comes with 1 fan, but has spots for 2 (or 4) more it seems

I would go for one of the fractal cases, i have good experiences with both the focus G and Define C :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The 88R comes with 1 fan, but has spots for 2 (or 4) more it seems

Since I see that you have the 88R yourself, what fans do you use as your front intake fans and is the case reliable?

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I would go for one of the fractal cases, i have good experiences with both the focus G and Define C :)

So which one should I choose??? Both are at very very different price points..

Just now, greatvortex said:

Since I see that you have the 88R yourself, what fans do you use as your front intake fans and is the case reliable?

I just use the default one, which is from Corsair. Located at the top left of the case. It has spots for two 120mm fans above, and there's also a space on the right side of the case that seems to be empty, dunno if you can put fans in it

Just now, greatvortex said:

So which one should I choose??? Both are at very very different price points..

The one you feel like spending the money for, there are some obvious benefits to the Define C in the looks department if you want to go for a clean build but the Focus G has some really nice colour options if thats more what you are looking for.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

26 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I just use the default one, which is from Corsair. Located at the top left of the case. It has spots for two 120mm fans above, and there's also a space on the right side of the case that seems to be empty, dunno if you can put fans in it

Wait, so you only use one exhaust fan?

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The one you feel like spending the money for, there are some obvious benefits to the Define C in the looks department if you want to go for a clean build but the Focus G has some really nice colour options if thats more what you are looking for.

Well, I don't like the other colors and plus, if I were to change a color of a case, a simple paint/spray job would do just fine. So Define C it is??

51 minutes ago, greatvortex said:

Wait, so you only use one exhaust fan?

Yeah, I don't use any special cooling on my build and temps are ok for me

1 hour ago, greatvortex said:

Well, I don't like the other colors and plus, if I were to change a color of a case, a simple paint/spray job would do just fine. So Define C it is??

Sounds good, its a case you might end up with for a long time :D High quality and compact size made me love it, though i have swapped case to accommodate more watercooling

Builds:

Spoiler