Threadripper 1950X on Sale - Is there a point?

Okay, I am planning on getting the ryzen 3000 cpu when it comes out, as right now I am running an i5-3570k at 4.2ghz and as, a streamer/gamer, it just isn't up to the task.

However, the threadripper 1950x is on sale at walmart.com for $570(here), and tbh, that's a HUGE deal, right?

Would there be much point to getting this over the 3000 in a few months? Why?

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

Realistically I don't think there would be a point to getting that CPU at this time, unless you have extremely RAM hungry applications and you need the quad channel. If the rumors are true the top of the line ryzen CPUs would have the same amount of cores and a much higher clock speed.

It is a deal, but I would wait.

If you live near a microcenter, the 1950x is $499.99 with $30 off with a motherboard. So that's always a option as well.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

If you live near a microcenter, the 1950x is $499.99 with $30 off with a motherboard. So that's always a option as well.

Closest one to me is like...4 hours away. :(

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

3 minutes ago, AmpedUpDad said:

Closest one to me is like...4 hours away. :(

Well, that's unfortunate. However that's why I always preface with "if". A lot of people (even those that live near one) forget about them being an option and they typically have better prices, and deals, than any other retailer.

6 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Well, that's unfortunate. However that's why I always preface with "if". A lot of people (even those that live near one) forget about them being an option and they typically have better prices, and deals, than any other retailer.

If I get the chance to get close to it, I will definitely check them out. I hear Microcenter is a tech nerd's dream.

I would go for the i9 9900k

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, AmpedUpDad said:

If I get the chance to get close to it, I will definitely check them out. I hear Microcenter is a tech nerd's dream.

Honestly, for me anyways, the biggest convenience with them is their trays of cheap USB sticks.

6 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I would go for the i9 9900k

I mean...why?

Isn't the Ryzen 3000 series supposed to match the performance for cheaper?

AMD will never match Intel in gaming.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

7 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I game and stream. From what I understand, I will benefit from multiple threads and all that.

Plus, the 3000 is supposed to have better single core performance, isn't it?

Obviously, I will wait for some benchmarks to come out to confirm it or not, but either way, the multi threading is going to help me more.

Plus, I will be doing some video editing and possibly graphics at some point.

3 hours ago, Constantin said:

Fanboyism is not a fact. Intel is better at gaming at high frame rates with extremely expensive hardware compared to the competition. But a majority of gamers are not using 300 dollar graphics cards and 700 dollar CPU's... AMD takes the cake at the midrange segment of the market.

You can promote a product without fanboyism. Try it sometime.

3 hours ago, Constantin said:

AMD has beaten Intel in gaming in the past. and its likely they will do so again. 

that there is blatant fanboyism. 

Zen 2 is promising. we will see what it offers.