A good air sprayer for my consoles.

Go to solution Solved by poposojo,
7 minutes ago, Eastman51 said:

Compressed air will work fine, but those are consumable. If you end up dusting often you'll find yourself making trips to the store for expensive cans.

If you want something that will last longer and be more practical/efficient, you could get an electric powered air compressor. I use the Xpower Airrow Pro for dusting my PCs and consoles.

its a bit pricey, but its got good reviews, i see no reason not to invest in some money into this. thx

Hey, i need suggestions for a good duster for my three consoles. I have a Wii u, Wii, and a Ps2 Slim that are riddled various issues that make them unusable or annoying to use, let alone leave them plugged up on standby mode. The Wii u has ventilation build-up, the wii has a bad disc drive that needs to be replaced and some ventilation issues as well, and the ps2 slim has ventilation build-up as well. Besides, the disc drive that needs to be replaced, the gas duster or air sprayer is the only things i am missing. Any suggestions or recommendations for either are greatly appreciated.

Any general can of compressed air works fine, just be sure to do short and sweet bursts.

Compressed air will work fine, but those are consumable. If you end up dusting often you'll find yourself making trips to the store for expensive cans.

If you want something that will last longer and be more practical/efficient, you could get an electric powered air compressor. I use the Xpower Airrow Pro for dusting my PCs and consoles.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

7 minutes ago, Eastman51 said:

its a bit pricey, but its got good reviews, i see no reason not to invest in some money into this. thx

It’s not really a big deal, just credit being given where it is deserved, but the OP probably should have selected Eastman instead of himself for best answer. 

Given the age of the consoles, it may not be a bad idea to open them up and do a more thorough cleaning and then use air for maintenance going forward.

Also, you may want to skip replacing the Wii drive and just softmod it. Back when I softmodded my OG XBox, the drive had stopped working and I didn't even bother fixing it because what was the point? Granted, my current one does have a working drive but that is besides the point. I have my Wii softmodded and run games off a USB hard drive. I haven't encountered any slowdown or anything like that, granted I don't use it much.

Last I knew, GC games had to be run off disc so that may be a problem if you still play them.. unless that has changed and I am just unaware.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get a decent air compressor for pretty cheap and will never have to purchase compressed air again. Has the added benefit of working to fill up things like car or bike tires if you'd ever need that. I find by having one that I clean all my electronics more often.

I cannot stress this enough, do not clean anything with compressed air inside your home, the dust will get everywhere. It's ideal to do it outside but if that isn't an option then at least do it in the garage. It's also best for things to be powered off when cleaning.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:56 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

Given the age of the consoles, it may not be a bad idea to open them up and do a more thorough cleaning and then use air for maintenance going forward.

Also, you may want to skip replacing the Wii drive and just softmod it. Back when I softmodded my OG XBox, the drive had stopped working and I didn't even bother fixing it because what was the point? Granted, my current one does have a working drive but that is besides the point. I have my Wii softmodded and run games off a USB hard drive. I haven't encountered any slowdown or anything like that, granted I don't use it much.

Last I knew, GC games had to be run off disc so that may be a problem if you still play them.. unless that has changed and I am just unaware.

What kind of soft mod did you do to your Wii? I'm still running mine with the discs. Any way to load your discs to a drive or do you have to get ROMs from the internet?