Login system tutorial? / PMA #2002 error

Fredrikmikael

hello after installing PMA(phpmyadmin) on my website, every time i attempt to log in i get the error saying
#2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

What is the issue, and how do i solve it ?

Also, are there any good tutorials you could recommend for making a login system for a website.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Are you using Xamp, appache etc? You need to set the username and password under security before you can login.

Are you using Xamp, appache etc? You need to set the username and password under security before you can login.

i just put the phpmyadmin directly on the site.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Try opening the console and typing: # mysqladmin -u root password your-password.

IIRC, phpmyadmin needs to be configured with the right MySQL root user/password when it's installed, or at least, configured with a limited phpmyadmin user/password with specific permissions (doing anything as root on a server is dangerous). 

For a Linux server: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Quick_Install

Read it word for word, as parts of it aren't applicable for every scenario. 

To actually create a login system, assuming Phpmyadmin and MySQL are setup correctly: http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/6.html

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2