Best gear for custom watercooling

(Generally) Best waterblocks best tubing etc etc gonna do a custom watercooled build, also best place to buy equipment (uk if possible)

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

XSPX, Primo Chill, EK, heatkiller, swiftech. Basically all the major brands and makers do excellent quality stuff. Now a lot of choice comes down to aesthetics Picking what works best for you and your build...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thats great, thanks guys its all a bot confusing at first im with it now! Apart from what if i picked say a £50 generic lga 1155 waterblock for example? Would it generally be good? Or should i be careful?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Don't go "generic" - as you are trying to cool your rather more expensive parts. :) Get a known brand name for your gear. In the end, you will fell a lot more confident and not be wondering if it might all fal...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Well if I were you I'd go for XSPC. They're a well known brand, IMO they have some of the best aesthetics, and they're in the UK, so its right there for you.

Well if I were you I'd go for XSPC. They're a well known brand, IMO they have some of the best aesthetics, and they're in the UK, so its right there for you.
I like the xspc stuff, i think ill go with that brand if i can, would you recommend a pump inside a resevoir as it would be easier for me or is it best to use them seperately?

Uhh I think it'll be more of a personal preference. You might not want to buy directly from them because normally it's cheaper to buy from some reseller I've found it to be cheaper. I think SpecialTech is a good one. Anyways getting a D5 would be the smartest thing to do, it'll pump about everything you throw at it and you'll probably never have to be another one unless you're doing those crazy builds that water cool everything that goes into your case pretty much. I've heard that those who get bay reservoirs + pumps that they're a little louder than a pump alone, but with bay res's you can bleed your loop much faster than a cylindrical reservoir. As long as you get a D5, reservoir choice is completely up to your personal appeal. http://shop.xs-pc.com/xsp/XSPC-Nylon-Dual-525-Reservoir-Inc-Laing-D5-VarioTacho-Black_29802.html or http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Bitspower-Z-Multi-250mm-Water-Tank-Reservoir--BP-WTZM250P-BK-pid-11461.html and http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Swiftech-MCP655-1200-Lph-Pump-with-Variable-Speed-Control--MCP655-pid-16297.html

Also don't worry if its MCP655 or some different name, they're all laing D5 just re-branded. Personally I find the tube/cylindrical reservoir to be more aesthetically pleasing but you may think otherwise. Also make sure it fits in your case, you probably won't want to go with a tube/cylindrical reservoir if you have a small case as they're going to consume a random amount of space not just drive bays. So incorporate parts into your build, if you're going to do modding and remove drive bays to the point where you can't fit a bay reservoir, then get a reservoir like a swiftech microres, etc. As long as you buy from known companies you can probably look more toward aesthetics because the performance is all the same with margin of error.

Thanks Shikarikato I will take a look at those links, other peoples experiences are always great to draw upon

kinda be nice to know what hardware you have to suggest proper parts for..

the "best" might not even fit what you have..

airdeano