Optimal Temperature

Juiecey

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what the optimal temperature would be for a PC. I have just recently built my first PC and I noticed that my average temperature is around 80 degrees idle and 95 degrees Fahrenheit while playing games. I have one 80mm exhaust fan and a one 120mm intake. Additionally, there are no other vents/places for me to put any other fans. Was just wondering if I need to upgrade and get a better case + more and better fans.Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, Juiecey said:

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what the optimal temperature would be for a PC. I have just recently built my first PC and I noticed that my average temperature is around 80 degrees idle and 95 degrees Fahrenheit while playing games. I have one 80mm exhaust fan and a one 120mm intake. Additionally, there are no other vents/places for me to put any other fans. Was just wondering if I need to upgrade and get a better case + more and better fans.Thanks for the help!

Cooler would be better, but if your system isn't throttling due to heat, you won't see a difference.

That said, with a better cooler and airflow you could overclock your system, as long as you have overclockable components.

80 to 95 Fahrenheit (25 to 35 Celsius) even under load means you have the best possible turbo/overclocking headroom.

That said, it's surprising low for an air cooled system. Are you sure you are not reading it wrong?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Cooler would be better, but if your system isn't throttling due to heat, you won't see a difference.

That said, with a better cooler and airflow you could overclock your system, as long as you have overclockable components.

Im only running a Ryzen 3 2200g but just ordered a GTX 1050 ti FTW which will be arriving in a couple of days and was just in fear of possible damaging any of my components.

Temp.PNG

2 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

80 to 95 Fahrenheit (25 to 35 Celsius) even under load means you have the best possible turbo/overclocking headroom.

That said, it's surprising low for an air cooled system. Are you sure you are not reading it wrong?

Thats what I was thinking. Juiecey, are you sure its in fahrenheit? Because, if its that low, your cooling is really good!

2 minutes ago, Juiecey said:

Temp.PNG

If these are the temps you are talking about this is for a Hard drive not your CPU. If you were getting those temps in Celsius then I would be worried.

1 minute ago, inteli7.Ti said:

Thats what I was thinking. Juiecey, are you sure its in fahrenheit? Because, if its that low, your cooling is really good!

Temp.PNG

Temperature is dependent on ambient temperature. If your room is 20°C (Sorry Canadian here) a computer running at 40°C is pretty good (10° difference in temperature) . You really only have trouble when the CPU is starting to hit 100°C (212°F). If you chassis doesn't have room for anymore fans and your still at 35°C you still have alot of room to play with in terms of temperature. 

Just now, inteli7.Ti said:

The screenshot says its in Fahrenheit. But alot of times software temps for CPU are never 100% accurate. 

Ok, thanks for the help, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any type of CPU bottle necking.

Use HWinfo for actually good monitoring software. I dont think you're having problems with temperature though, 2200G at stock with stock cooler should run pretty cool.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

41 minutes ago, Juiecey said:

Temp.PNG

That temperature is for the drive, not the CPU

21 hours ago, Juiecey said:

Ok, thanks for the help, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any type of CPU bottle necking.

Download AMDs own tool, or use MSI Afterburner or HWiNFO64 to view CPU temps. For HDD your temps are normal as drives can get up to 50C (122F). Desired load temp for your CPU is under 70C (158F). For future note, we use universally Celsius when talking about PC hardware. Actually, only HDD/SSD/ODD mounting size and monitors use imperial units. For some odd reson.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv