Does narrow space between processor cooler and side of the case effects the cooling?

LightParticle

I have a case in my mind which I want to pick up. But there is a problem, it have not much space for processor cooler. Specs give info about 155mm. So what cooler I have it have a really tiny narrow space not more than 5mm between side of the case and cooler processor. 

Does it affects the cooling?

If its a standard tower cooler that intakes air from the front of the case and exhausts it from the rear then no. 

17 minutes ago, WereCat said:

If its a standard tower cooler that intakes air from the front of the case and exhausts it from the rear then no. 

Well, do you mean, do I have a fan on the front and in the back? yes. I am just not sure how the air flow will goes with cooler which really close to the side of the case.

2 hours ago, LightParticle said:

Well, do you mean, do I have a fan on the front and in the back? yes. I am just not sure how the air flow will goes with cooler which really close to the side of the case.

It will go trough the fans so it doesn't matter

4 hours ago, LightParticle said:

I think he was referring to the fans on the heatsink tower, which usually comes with one or two fans on it. Usually, the bigger the heatsink, the better the cooling. So getting one that comes within 5mm of the side panel is perfect- you got one as large as you could without going over. You're golden!

What cooler and case?

Unless the fan is facing the side panel and can't get fresh air, it should perform fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I assumed that it is not a top down "C" cooler with the fan on the top blowing toward the motherboard. What cooler is it?