Shift key is stuck please help me

windows ten ( i cant even type numbers ) basically whatever i do to the keyboard its as if the shift button is pressed which means when i do lattercase it does CAPS and also when i do numbers it does the symbols plus i cant even scroll and whenever i open a new tab it completely takes me to an other google it doesnt just add a tab 
when i click "comma" it does this : "<" when i click dot it does this ">" when i restart the pc it takes me to a profile thingie where it asks me a bunch of options like restore data or whatever 
anyway ive searched some shit and nothing comes up and its rly frustrating

k

Have you tried another keyboard or taking off your shift keycap and cleaning it?

You didn't turn on sticky keys or something, right? :)

Is the physical key stuck down, or is it "electrically stuck"?  What kind of keyboard?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

the keyboard is fine infact when i restart  the pc the keyboard is working normally but once i get in the home page it does this autistic behaviour
also sticky keys are all unticked ive searched all those trust me

I had a shortcut a while ago that I couldn't find the solution to what had been pressed... I couldn't even log into windows etc and it wasn't sticky keys or anything else that I tried.

In the end I used the onscreen keyboard to log in to windows and then used system restore to a few days prior to that happening and that fixed it.

Just for sanity's sake, try the keyboard on a different device to check it's not the keyboard itself... and if it's not the keyboard, hopefully you have a recent restore point you can use at least?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

i deleted and downloaded windows , it also deleted my games and google and everything , but now its fixed... So now i have to download some shit for days because there's absolutely no fucking solution on this matter...