Overclocking way past 4.5ghz and still low temps

6 minutes ago, G H O S T said:

Okay bios updated and I now have a reading on whats it running and what is set ?

15523422332022124363366094818079.jpg

I'm absolutely certain your CPU isn't at 2.1V, it would have died instantly had that type of voltage been applied. 

You're most likely running 1.467V as shown in white text next to CPU core voltage. I'd imagine it's down to your motherboard's overvoltage protection stepping in and stopping your CPU from meeting its fate..

Okay down to 4.707Mhz @1.467volts running tests now ???

1552342767394157852943081373859.jpg

3 minutes ago, 1kv said:

I'm absolutely certain your CPU isn't at 2.1V, it would have died instantly had that type of voltage been applied. 

You're most likely running 1.467V as shown in white text next to CPU core voltage. I'd imagine it's down to your motherboard's overvoltage protection stepping in and stopping your CPU from meeting its fate..

Yeah I think the over protection kicked in but once I updated to the newest bios I can see what it is running at as was not on the older bios

10 minutes ago, G H O S T said:

1552342767394157852943081373859.jpg

dont know what VCCIN is supposed to be at

but 1.46v for vCore is too high, you're getting into dangerous territory, i wouldn't go above 1.4V on your CPU, just remember everything in your PC only needs small steps of voltage increases, 0.05 increments is plenty for getting a reasonable jump in Ghz. (not only CPU voltage)

also with that kind of voltage your CPU will degrade quickly, 1.4V is the MAXIMUM i would consider ""okay""

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

dont know what VCCIN is supposed to be at, but still 1.46v is too high, you're getting into dangerous territory, i wouldn't go above 1.4V on your CPU, just remember everything in your PC only needs small steps of voltage increases, 0.05 increments is plenty for getting a reasonable jump in Ghz. (not only CPU voltage)

also with that kind of voltage your CPU will degrade quickly, 1.4V is the MAXIMUM i would consider ""okay""

Yeah 1.5v is recommended the max zone on water cooling but happy at 4.7ghz and less risk of blowing the cpu out the socket.  Note to self to check it before applying 

1 hour ago, G H O S T said:

Please, just stop.

25 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Same for Broadwell-E? Asking cuz will use a 6950X in new rig

Yes. You shouldn't be near 2V unless you're under LN2. Even then they'll barely touch 1.9V. I wouldn't exceed 1.35V on either Broadwell-E or Haswell-E if I had a high end water loop. 1.3V is the max that anyone else should be doing. The heat, power and degradation is not worth it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Please, just stop.

Yes. You shouldn't be near 2V unless you're under LN2. Even then they'll barely touch 1.9V. I wouldn't exceed 1.35V on either Broadwell-E or Haswell-E if I had a high end water loop. 1.3V is the max that anyone else should be doing. The heat, power and degradation is not worth it.

Its fine at 1.4 @4.7ghz I have a spare 5930k but I do alot of high end compression files so the extra speed saves about 30min to a hour each day and long as I'm monitoring my temps seems to be around 66*C max but obviously if I burn the chip out will lower it alot on my other chip 

2 hours ago, G H O S T said:

I think it's just pot luck on these chips some run fine for a year or so looking at other posts 

And some people can't even go past 4.5 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/54902r/so_5930k_46_but_core_voltage_15_running_this_for/

Can be like that, see here.

Degradation will depend on current and heat, how much power is your CPU pulling full load and curious about temps, would you post a screenie of RealTemp on load. You could use the GT version for the extra cores.

AWOL

10 minutes ago, X_X said:

Can be like that, see here.

Degradation will depend on current and heat, how much power is your CPU pulling full load and curious about temps, would you post a screenie of RealTemp on load. You could use the GT version for the extra cores.

So like this you mean ?

20190312_044859.jpg

Will post with real temps as well if you like 

XTU doesn't show Tjmax IIRC but you could add package power consumption on XTU using the little spanner at the side.

AWOL

5 minutes ago, X_X said:

XTU doesn't show Tjmax IIRC but you could add package power consumption on XTU using the little spanner at the side.

Is this what you mean. As never used realtemps before 

15523668426798635498428979787123.jpg

Your Tjmax in that pic is set at 102C so really good load temps. ?

AWOL

10 minutes ago, X_X said:

And the other test came back as this 

15523671517114997530496289652039.jpg

Cinebench r15 

Come back as 1326 but have no idea where that stacks up against 

Just now, G H O S T said:

Cinebench r15 

Come back as 1326 but have no idea where that stacks up against 

That's close to my wife's 3.8ghz Ryzen 5 1600

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

First pic was good enough, the sensor test is just for checking deviation and the load-tester is per thread so only one thread being loaded. Your real world load would be the most important. CBR 15 is a little low by maybe ~100cb but that might just be down to optimization so okay.

AWOL