First pc build and can’t get image on display

Hey guys

yestwtday I built my first pc. All fans are running gpu lights up and fans run. I have hdmi connected to gpu but no display on monitor. I tried the same hdmi on PS4 and that works. I’ve tried running on one stick of ram but nothing works.any help? I’m hoping it’s not because there’s a broken / damaged piece

thanks

Build below 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fy8pw6

5 minutes ago, Cmend19 said:

Hey guys

yestwtday I built my first pc. All fans are running gpu lights up and fans run. I have hdmi connected to gpu but no display on monitor. I tried the same hdmi on PS4 and that works. I’ve tried running on one stick of ram but nothing works.any help? I’m hoping it’s not because there’s a broken / damaged piece

thanks

Build below 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fy8pw6

does your processor have a integrated gpu?Are there any signs of booting?

7 minutes ago, Freuwanter said:

does your processor have a integrated gpu?

Ryzen 5 2600, so no unfortunately.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Did you plug the pcie plug into the GPU?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

13 minutes ago, Freuwanter said:

does your processor have a integrated gpu?Are there any signs of booting?

According to the internet Ryzen 5 2600 has no integrated gpu. Even though, I’ve already tried plugging hdmi to motherboard

i turn it on. Everything turns on and stays on but nothing pops up on the monitor 

Just now, Cmend19 said:

According to the internet Ryzen 5 2600 has no integrated gpu. Even though, I’ve already tried plugging hdmi to motherboard

i turn it on. Everything turns on and stays on but nothing pops up on the monitor 

Is GPU power from PSU plugged in?

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Did you plug the pcie plug into the GPU?

What’s the pci plug?

4 minutes ago, Cmend19 said:

What’s the pci plug?

Looks kinda like this

Plug pcie power from PSU into the card. Xfx 580 needs one 6 or 8 pin I forget. It plugs where the arrow is pointing.

graphics-card-pcie-6pin-and-8pin-power-c

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Is GPU power from PSU plugged in?

Yes

blue light from the gpu whenever I power the pc on. Fans spin whenever I hit the reset button on the case

17 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Looks kinda like this

Plug pcie power from PSU into the card. Xfx 580 needs one 6 or 8 pin I forget. It plugs where the arrow is pointing.

graphics-card-pcie-6pin-and-8pin-power-c

It takes 8 and yea it’s plugged in all the way

Fans are spinning and lights on means PSU is probably okay. Pull out all the ram and listen for beeps or monitor for any changes. I'd pull out the gpu with the ram out and try and monitor for changes as well. I'm not sure if this particular board has an on board speaker, so it might need a buzzer plugged in to get the beep/alarm code.

Next make sure all the power leads / molex are plugged in securely to the mainboard and other components. Next I would try another another graphics card. Maybe borrow one from a friend? doesnt matter what type as long as it is PCIe based. Test your new components, ram / gfx card in a different known working machine (if you have one?) process of elimination back to the source. CPU is very rarely the cause of an issue, unless it has been incorrectly mounted.

Carefully re-seat all the things. Power cables, Graphics card. Leave re-seating the CPU to last since that mucks about with the thermal paste, if you don't have any spare thermal paste that might be a problem.

i7-4770k @4.2GHz w/1.24v, Noctua NH-U14S, Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87, 32GB DDR3 1600MHz w/1.56v, NVLink RTX2080Ti FE , RAID0 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, RAID1 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Corsair RM850 PSU, Fractal Define R4

3x ASUS ROG PG279Q 144hz @7680x1440, Razer DeathAdder RGB Chroma, SteelSeries Apex M800 KB
Xeon E5-1650 v4 3.6GHz, Noctua U12DX i4, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC Registered, Supermicro X10-SRi-F, IBM M1015 xF IT Mode, 12x WD Red Pro 8TB, 2x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 512GB, Corsair RM850 PSU, Corsair 900D, 4x Noctua NF-F12 PWM, 11x Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000, 1x NF-A14 PWM

Agree with reseat.

I've had builds not work and magically work after reseating everything, despite everything seemingly plugged in correctly

1 minute ago, sh4z said:

Fans are spinning and lights on means PSU is probably okay. Pull out all the ram and listen for beeps or monitor for any changes. I'd pull out the gpu with the ram out and try and monitor for changes as well. I'm not sure if this particular board has an on board speaker, so it might need a buzzer plugged in to get the beep/alarm code.

Next make sure all the power leads / molex are plugged in securely to the mainboard and other components. Next I would try another another graphics card. Maybe borrow one from a friend? doesnt matter what type as long as it is PCIe based. Test your new components, ram / gfx card in a different known working machine (if you have one?) process of elimination back to the source. CPU is very rarely the cause of an issue, unless it has been incorrectly mounted.

Carefully re-seat all the things. Power cables, Graphics card. Leave re-seating the CPU to last since that mucks about with the thermal paste, if you don't have any spare thermal paste that might be a problem.

I will be taking it over to a friend who has extra parts and we’ll do what you mentioned

hopefully we find out the proble

thanks

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

Agree with reseat.

I've had builds not work and magically work after reseating everything, despite everything seemingly plugged in correctly

I’ll try it out tonight 

hopefully I’ll get an answer

thanks!

17 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

Agree with reseat.

So I manage to get it working by a friend resetting the cmos and I reached the bios.

my friend was using display port.

i got home and plugged in my hdmi and that is not working. Could that be because the drives need to be updated or does that mean the hdmi port is faulty / not working?