24/7 audio/sound monitoring hardware?

Alex2154

Hi guys, this is something personal but, 

for anyone that's in a relationship, i'm pretty sure ya'll experienced some unhappy arguments because your girl said something but keep denying it afterwards.

I was wondering if there is a system similar to a security cam <link removed> but instead of record video, records just audio 24/7 and output it to a NAS or hard drive. And will automatically overwrite if storage is full etc. I know i can record on phone or pc but i rather keep things separate, and often you miss out on exact timing.

As a engineer and a pretty logical person, i think it's either my brain is trolling me or my partner just won't confess over something she said. It's driving me nuts. Help.

Edited by SansVarnic
link removed

There are some things technology cannot/shouldn’t fix.

Computers and tech are great but sometimes you have to skip all the tech and just talk things out. Being open and honest will get you a better result than audio snippets than can just be claimed as “out of context” at a later date and likely make things worse.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

There are some things technology cannot/shouldn’t fix.

Computers and tech are great but sometimes you have to skip all the tech and just talk things out. Being open and honest will get you a better result than audio snippets than can just be claimed as “out of context” at a later date and likely make things worse.

i agree, but you might be misunderstanding abit, we are perfectly open and honest and very happy to be together, the arguments only occurs maybe once a month or even less than that. But when it happens it's always those tiny things that you wouldn't bat an eye about. We both want to work it out together avoid arguing over useless things, and when i suggested this solution she agrees, but i just can't find this kind of hardware i'm looking for.

3 minutes ago, Alex2154 said:

i agree, but you might be misunderstanding abit, we are perfectly open and honest and very happy to be together, the arguments only occurs maybe once a month or even less than that. But when it happens it's always those tiny things that you wouldn't bat an eye about. We both want to work it out together avoid arguing over useless things, and when i suggested this solution she agrees, but i just can't find this kind of hardware i'm looking for.

So its arguments like "I did not say that" "Yes you did" ? 

1 minute ago, Klemmbrett said:

So its arguments like "I did not say that" "Yes you did" ? 

it's more like

her:"i did not say that" "Yes you did, you said it last week while were eating donuts watching game of throne trailer" "no way i didn't even eat donuts last week"  me:*insert jacky chen wtf meme*

1 hour ago, Alex2154 said:

it's more like

her:"i did not say that" "Yes you did, you said it last week while were eating donuts watching game of throne trailer" "no way i didn't even eat donuts last week"  me:*insert jacky chen wtf meme*

still an argument like this means she either has a problem with her memory or is not honest enough to admit when she said something.

playing a recording of her saying it wont change her mind it will just expose shes full of shit and she wont be happy about that.

You need to have the talk about why she doesnt admit so saying something especially if its about things that dont really matter.

One bit of advice a therapist will advise is for you to make a diary, write down what happens and how it made you feel. You both have to do it about your OWN behaviours and not each other’s.

You both have to be on board and want to change for it to work but an honest history of the behaviours you want to change is a real eye opener!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

In many countries doing that without other persons consent is illegal. No matter what or how recordings are used. And I think you will be alone for a long time if you insist to record every conversation and other things happening in your own house.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv