5 beeps and no video output , help please

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

gpu probably died

luckily you can find 4gb rx 570/580 for cheap and they perform similarly to a 1060, usually 30-40$

5 beeps probably just means gpu isnt detected, and the continuous beep after removing rams indicate the board is atleast getting past memory training which usually means its gonna boot up just fine, so board and rams are probably fine

I have a four-year-old custom PC that was working fine until yesterday afternoon. Suddenly, the monitor went black, but the video continued to play in the background, and the keyboard was still responsive. I manually shut down the PC, hoping the monitor would come back on, but since then, the monitor hasn't displayed anything. I checked the monitor, and it's working fine.

When I try to turn on the PC, the fans start up, but the motherboard buzzer emits five beeps (AMI BIOS), and nothing appears on the monitor. Interestingly, the GPU fans are also running.

My processor is F so doesnt have iGPu , therefore not possible to display directly without GPU

Here's what I've tried so far, but nothing has worked:

1. Reseated the RAM after cleaning.

2. Tried different RAM configurations, including using one stick in various slots.

3. Attempted to boot without any RAM (which resulted in a more severe continuous beep, indicating the RAM is probably not the issue).

4. Removed the GPU and tried to boot (still received the same five beeps so maybe graphics card is over ).

5. Reinstalled the CPU and checked for bent pins.

6. Replaced the CMOS battery.

7. Cleared the CMOS using the motherboard jumper pins.

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare GPU or CPU to test replacements. Is there any hope for fixing this, or am I out of luck?

Here are my specs:

- CPU: Intel i3 9100F

- GPU: GTX 1050Ti

- RAM: 32GB (16GB x 2 DDR4 Corsair)

- Motherboard: ASRock B365M-HDV

please help

gpu probably died

luckily you can find 4gb rx 570/580 for cheap and they perform similarly to a 1060, usually 30-40$

5 beeps probably just means gpu isnt detected, and the continuous beep after removing rams indicate the board is atleast getting past memory training which usually means its gonna boot up just fine, so board and rams are probably fine

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

gpu probably died

ahh just when the gpu prices are sky high.. 😞 

(my country has no used market) , i am f***d, thanks

43 minutes ago, DRKGMR-A said:

ahh just when the gpu prices are sky high.. 😞 

(my country has no used market) , i am f***d, thanks

what country btw? should still atleast be able to order from something like aliexpress for the gpu