Food colour in watercooling?!!

so i saw some images online and some info telling people to use food colouring as a cheap way to colour your water, it sounds bad to me but is it?

11 minutes ago, Icemonster26 said:

it sounds bad to me but is it?

not really, but it depends on its quality.

food colouring arent designed for long time preservation , i think..

whether it will condense quickly, colour fading etc. and how will you maintain the loop if anything happens.

I wouldn't use food colouring, get some additive made for watercooling. Food colouring has the potential to have your loop gunk up and it might promote growth of... stuff in your loop

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Agreed, food colouring is probably organic based and may promote growth in your loop.

what is the point of using food colouring? things like EK concentrates cost around $10 for a bottle and it is usually enough for most of custom loop. If someone spent $300 for a custom loop it is possible to get a bottle of concentrate and mix it with water.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

On 3/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, Icemonster26 said:

so i saw some images online and some info telling people to use food colouring as a cheap way to colour your water, it sounds bad to me but is it?

Mayhems dye is already cheap enough, why would you bother using anything else? It's like painting a living room with yogurt to save a few £££, you can but why bother.