corsair h150i pro rgb High temps I7 7700k

HI

I recently installed the corsair h150i pro rgb in a push/pull config and did a full system rebuild into an NZXT H700,

I7 7700k Clocked at 4.8ghz @ 1.3v
100% load 94-96 degrees Celsius
Ambient Temp = 31 degrees Celsius
Case Temp = 48 degrees Celsius
Liquid Temp = 33-36 degrees Celsius
Aftermarket thermal past used(best performing past i could find at my local PC shop)

I7 7700k Clocked at 4.5ghz
100% load 78-82 degrees Celsius

I am going bold here, scratching my head to figure out why the Temps are so high. as my antec 240 rad performed better than the H150I pro

Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, BlackIce_ZA said:

HI

I recently installed the corsair h150i pro rgb in a push/pull config and did a full system rebuild into an NZXT H700,

I7 7700k Clocked at 4.8ghz @ 1.3v
100% load 94-96 degrees Celsius
Aftermarket thermal past used(best performing past i could find at my local PC shop)

I7 7700k Clocked at 4.5ghz
100% load 78-82 degrees Celsius

I am going bold here, scratching my head to figure out why the Temps are so high. as my antec 240 rad performed better than the H150I pro

Any suggestions?

Is the pump rpm proper and what it should be ?  33c to 36c is a bit warm for idle, but it can be because of your room or outside temps.  What speed are the fans churning at ?  Also case temp of 48c is outrageous.  Also how did you install it,, to pull in air from outside or to dish out the warm out of the case ?  Let us know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Did you remove the plastic protector?

Thats exactly what i was going to say. Also it could be possible that your pump dies, put your ear close to the pump block and try to hear for some noise. If theres no noise or it make some weird noise it could be pump failure which is serious and you sgould get ur cooler replaced

13 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Did you remove the plastic protector?

Done that lol, not completely useless :)

pump speeds are
2100rpm on balanced
2800rpm on extreme

Definitely something wrong, at load on my 7700k at 4.7Ghz 1.28v on an H80i V2 is like, 60-70 range. 

Try remounting the block and make sure your paste spread looks good. Hopefully you didn't follow the verge guide where they left the stock paste on the cooler and then added more lol.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Try a repaste. do all fans run?

The paste might be dried out. see if it spread correctly, and what paste is it?

24 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

. Hopefully you didn't follow the verge guide where they left the stock paste on the cooler and then added more lol.

Hahaha no
I will remount it after work tomorrow. and will post an update

24 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Try a repaste. do all fans run?

The paste might be dried out. see if it spread correctly, and what paste is it?

Yes

All fans are running (6 on rad ,4 system fans extracting the hot air.)

It the build took place yesterday, when installing the h150i pro into the H700
I did however spread the thermal past with the "tool" that came with the aftermarket thermal past.

I will attempt the Linus way of applying thermal past

3 minutes ago, BlackIce_ZA said:

I will attempt the Linus way of applying thermal past

? whats that? also what paste is it?

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

? whats that? also what paste is it?

Thermal Past = Cooler master - Mastergel Maker

MGZ-NDsg-n15m-r1

Update:

Redid mounting of pump and noticed the bracket (back of MB) is a bit loose. not sure if this is by design, redid thermal past

Temp results while running CINEBENCH R15.038_RC184115

image.png.c89f3ae92d1370ea0cbe55aceb9546a3.png

Thats crazy high temps for 1,15V. All I can think off is that you forgot to put some washers/spacers somewhere and that results in very low pressure mount or the aio is somehow broken.

20 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Thats crazy high temps for 1,15V. All I can think off is that you forgot to put some washers/spacers somewhere and that results in very low pressure mount or the aio is somehow broken.

Agreed. Think it is time to contact the retailer I got it from.
No spare washers/spacers for the mounting bracket, only washers included was for the fan screws to mount to the radiator.
Also suspecting that the high temps are caused by the low pressure.

Here's' my take on this... the plastic mounting mechanism (the bit you mount to the motherboard that the H150i's cooler is screwed down onto can be a bit loose (seen this on NZXT and Corsair coolers). Add appropriately sized plastic washers (2 on each of the 4 "legs" of the plastic mounting mechanism) so they end up on the back size of the motherboard. This way, you'll be able to get a more solid connection when you screw the cooler down and you should notice a reduction in CPU temperature.

2 hours ago, Blai5e said:

Here's' my take on this... the plastic mounting mechanism (the bit you mount to the motherboard that the H150i's cooler is screwed down onto can be a bit loose (seen this on NZXT and Corsair coolers). Add appropriately sized plastic washers (2 on each of the 4 "legs" of the plastic mounting mechanism) so they end up on the back size of the motherboard. This way, you'll be able to get a more solid connection when you screw the cooler down and you should notice a reduction in CPU temperature.

Thank you, I will also give that a shot later today.

update 2

Hi Everyone and thank you for the suggestions posted
I was at the retailer that sold me the H150i Pro, they could not find a issue, after 3 hours.

Oddly Aida64 stress test and cinebench yield different results on temperature, +- 10c lower on Aida64

I played around with the core voltage.

set ratio to 48, voltage to 1.200v and lowered the thermals by 10c

Game Boost (on MSI Z270) for some reason puts the voltage to 1.300

Temps @ 4.8Ghz with 1.200v on CPU core

Aida64 temps

CPU = 77c

Ambient = 27c

liquid = 32c

Cinebench Temps

CPU = 85c

Ambient = 27c

Liquid = 32-35c

Gaming Temps

Apex Legends 

CPU = 86c (max)

ambient =27c

liquid = 32-38c

with 1080TI = 77c

I still feel that something is wrong even though the retailer's support team does not think so.

Think i might have been just unlucky in the silicone lotto, as core 2 is always 6-9c higher than the rest