Confusion with water cooling in terms of top mounted radiators

I am always looking at vanity shots of custom water cooling loops, because I'm looking to upgrade my PC and considering it.

The thing is, I have a Fractal Design Define R5 case, and they use Moduvents. If I do go for a top mounted radiator, this would mean that I need to take the top Moduvents off. But there are no dust filters. What should I do? Should I just let it go barebones without the dust filter, or should I consider getting an after-market top mounted dust filter for the R5?

In fact, I would love to hear from people who use their Fractal Design case for water cooling. I know that people often claim that it is one of the best cases for custom water cooling, due to how easy it is to set up.

Thanks!

Have a Define R5 and a top mounted water cooler, just open it up once in a while (like every 6 months to a year) and blow out the dust.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

24 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Have a Define R5 and a top mounted water cooler, just open it up once in a while (like every 6 months to a year) and blow out the dust.

But doesn't it take away the aesthetics of the entire setup?

Just get a custom filter if it bothers you. Haven’t got mine yet and I hate the dust. Actually keep towels on the tops of my rigs to lessen it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

8 hours ago, cpugeek21 said:

I am always looking at vanity shots of custom water cooling loops, because I'm looking to upgrade my PC and considering it.

The thing is, I have a Fractal Design Define R5 case, and they use Moduvents. If I do go for a top mounted radiator, this would mean that I need to take the top Moduvents off. But there are no dust filters. What should I do? Should I just let it go barebones without the dust filter, or should I consider getting an after-market top mounted dust filter for the R5?

In fact, I would love to hear from people who use their Fractal Design case for water cooling. I know that people often claim that it is one of the best cases for custom water cooling, due to how easy it is to set up.

Thanks!

I have a define S top mounted 420, dust isn't an issue as i usually just hoover it out the top.