LTX 2019 Featuring DreamHack Questions Megathread

CPotter
34 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

I believe he meant celebrities. IE, youtubers. Jay, Steve, etc.

Ahh, that will be announced in the coming weeks. There are 17 people on our list but we need to double check that they're confirmed and are comfortable with us letting people know that.

25 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Ahh, that will be announced in the coming weeks. There are 17 people on our list but we need to double check that they're confirmed and are comfortable with us letting people know that.

So exciting!  

49 minutes ago, BobbyPdue said:

So exciting!  

Here's the UNCONFIRMED but hopefully coming list:

Jayz2Cents
Barnacules
Gamernexus
Austin Evans
Bitwit
PaulsHardware
iJustine
Strange Parts
Jerry Rig Everything
Tech Deals
Eposvox
Level1Techs
LowSpecGamer
Science Studio
akbkuku

42 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Jayz2Cents
Barnacules
Gamernexus
Austin Evans
Bitwit
PaulsHardware
iJustine
Strange Parts
Jerry Rig Everything
Tech Deals
Eposvox
Level1Techs
LowSpecGamer
Science Studio
akbkuku

Thanks for sending out your, UNCOMFIRMED, list!!! 

That's an impressive list and I'm hoping everyone can make it.      

I asked Jason during a live show if he was coming to LTX and he said he couldn't go, but hopefully something changed and Mr. Deals will be able to make it after all.   

Any luck with MKBHD or any of the, very awesome, guys from Australia? 

2 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

I believe he meant celebrities. IE, youtubers. Jay, Steve, etc.

Yeah, thank you, sorry for the confusing words used. 

Are there any plans for specific tournaments / esports for any particular games? I've got a couple local Dota teams that would love to bring a team out and compete. Or is it just a strictly "open play", do as you please type of event?

26 minutes ago, Cptn.Canuck said:

Are there any plans for specific tournaments / esports for any particular games? I've got a couple local Dota teams that would love to bring a team out and compete. Or is it just a strictly "open play", do as you please type of event?

Open play :)

8 hours ago, BobbyPdue said:

Thanks for sending out your, UNCOMFIRMED, list!!! 

That's an impressive list and I'm hoping everyone can make it.      

I asked Jason during a live show if he was coming to LTX and he said he couldn't go, but hopefully something changed and Mr. Deals will be able to make it after all.   

Any luck with MKBHD or any of the, very awesome, guys from Australia? 

Marques has his Ultimate season RIGHT during that time. He expressed interest, but I'd be floored if he was able to show up :(

On 3/28/2019 at 2:05 PM, CPotter said:

Jayz2Cents
Barnacules
Gamernexus
Austin Evans
Bitwit
PaulsHardware
iJustine
Strange Parts
Jerry Rig Everything
Tech Deals
Eposvox
Level1Techs
LowSpecGamer
Science Studio
akbkuku

I'm really looking forward to meeting Austin Evans... He is literally the reason why I'm taking a Computer Engineering degree right now. 

18 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Marques has his Ultimate season RIGHT during that time. He expressed interest, but I'd be floored if he was able to show up :(

You guys are literally the best for organizing and doing this whole event. Much love ♥️

On 3/28/2019 at 12:05 PM, CPotter said:

Jayz2Cents
Barnacules
Gamernexus
Austin Evans
Bitwit
PaulsHardware
iJustine
Strange Parts
Jerry Rig Everything
Tech Deals
Eposvox
Level1Techs
LowSpecGamer
Science Studio
akbkuku

That's a great list, by any chance if the guys at HardwareCanucks were invited? Would love to see them there as well.

7 minutes ago, xorkon said:

That's a great list, by any chance if the guys at HardwareCanucks were invited? Would love to see them there as well.

They were invited but I think they already have plans. 

@CPotter I think that if you invited Peter McKinnon to show up as a guest, he would.  https://www.youtube.com/user/petermckinnon24

He's a fellow Canadian Cinematographer / Photographer / Blogger from the GTA. He started posting videos 2-3 years ago and his channel blew up incredibly fast having 3.4 million subs currently. Now as much as he's not quite in the 'tech' community... he offers much in the tutorials on how to use photoshop and premier, which I do think that there's some cross platforming that can be done where people can be interested in it.

I think he would geek out over the office setup that you have and I hear he recently obtained a RED Camera(?).

I also think he'd mesh well with Brandon and a lot of other people in the community who might want to up their content.

But maybe that's just a bigger sort of collab that should be done down the road.

And of course take my comment with a grain of salt, I can't actually make it out to LTX   ;_;

On 4/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, Catagris said:

I noticed all the BYOC Early bird tickets are sold out. Will you be selling non early bird tickets?

Thanks!

@LinusTech @STERPH@CPotter 

There will be another batch of 100 going on sale later this month. :) More details coming this Friday!

Hey Colton,

On which day will the computer building, cpu delidding, and gpu disassembling be?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Katdude said:

Hey Colton,

On which day will the computer building, cpu delidding, and gpu disassembling be?

Thanks

Hey,

They'll be happening both days. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

@CPotter

How is the volunteering thing going? Last chance to get thickets for lower price and I did sign up as a volunteer. 

EDIT:

Nvm to late ;) Will wait for email before getting stage 2 tickets I guess

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

If I accidentally picked a small shirt instead of medium when I got my merch ticket weeks and weeks ago............ to late to change that? Or will I be able to swap while at LTX? Not the biggest deal in the world, but, would be nice to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Just wanted to know if LTT has a backpack in mind for sale at LTX? I'm looking for one and would like to wear something by Linus as they've made nothing but quality stuff. 

On 4/21/2019 at 5:51 AM, punitdaga31 said:

Just wanted to know if LTT has a backpack in mind for sale at LTX? I'm looking for one and would like to wear something by Linus as they've made nothing but quality stuff. 

We won't have a backpack ready by the time of the event afaik, but @nicklmg can correct me if I'm wrong. :) 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:30 PM, LIGISTX said:

If I accidentally picked a small shirt instead of medium when I got my merch ticket weeks and weeks ago............ to late to change that? Or will I be able to swap while at LTX? Not the biggest deal in the world, but, would be nice to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Should be easy enough to just swap, we'll have extras on-hand.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, Ekst4zy said:

@CPotter

How is the volunteering thing going? Last chance to get thickets for lower price and I did sign up as a volunteer. 

EDIT:

Nvm to late ;) Will wait for email before getting stage 2 tickets I guess

We can always refund them, sorry we've been bombarded the past two weeks with other stuff haha.