LTX 2019 Featuring DreamHack Questions Megathread

CPotter
9 hours ago, CPotter said:

We can always refund them, sorry we've been bombarded the past two weeks with other stuff haha.

10-4!

I will be waiting for a message ;) 

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

@CPotter

Do you have any plans for significant others like my wife? At EVE Online Fanfest they had, Sisters of EVE program for all the +1s. Or should I build my own meetup/group event for my wife and others stuck being dragged along. :)

Hmm... We don't have any events specifically tailored towards significant others/non-techies, if you want to organize something we would love to help get the word out. :) 

@CPotter

(I also sent this on twitter but I guess it's not the best channel for this question.)

Hi, I got a question regarding merch and LTX. Linus told on the WAN show that it's projected to sell out rather quick and that it won't be restocked for some months after that. Would it be somehow possible that I order a bottle (or three) now and pick it up when I'm in Vancouver, or is there stock reserved to be sold during LTX?

On 4/27/2019 at 8:11 AM, ItsNyx said:

@CPotter

(I also sent this on twitter but I guess it's not the best channel for this question.)

Hi, I got a question regarding merch and LTX. I'm a student from Belgium. I've been working and saving a couple of months now so I could finally attend LTX this year. On LTT's recommendation, I've decide to stay a week in Vancouver (+€2100 trip, big oof). I might as well take advantage of my stay and stockpile some youtuber merch (LTT, L1T, MKBDH, MadrCoff etc.) that would be prohibitively expensive to ship back to Belgium. One of these things is the new water bottle you've just released (very cool design btw, probs to whoever made it). Linus told on the WAN show that it's projected to sell out rather quick and that it won't be restocked for some months after that. Would it be somehow possible that I order a bottle (or three) now and pick it up when I'm in Vancouver, or is there stock reserved to be sold during LTX?

Not sure if we'll have stock available, but hopefully, we'll have some water bottles to see on-site at LTX. :) 

Have you guys reached out to LTX Volunteers yet?

19 hours ago, Cash091 said:

Have you guys reached out to LTX Volunteers yet?

Hey,

Not yet, we won't be picking that back up until mid-May. Apologies for the delay - if you bought a ticket and we do end up having you help as a volunteer, we'll provide a refund for your ticket. :)

2 hours ago, CPotter said:

Hey,

Not yet, we won't be picking that back up until mid-May. Apologies for the delay - if you bought a ticket and we do end up having you help as a volunteer, we'll provide a refund for your ticket. :)

No worries. And no rush. I have all my travel plans nailed down, just don't have the LTX ticket yet. I'm just SUPER excited to be heading up that way.  Bringing two people with me who've already bought tickets.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, iphoneupdate said:

Is east side safe?

@iphoneupdate Just stay away from East hastings street in Downtown Vancouver. :P

15 hours ago, Catagris said:

@iphoneupdate Just stay away from East hastings street in Downtown Vancouver. :P

Well, the hostel above the Cambie has steel doors IIRC, so if you're in a bind that COULD be safer than the street, I suppose.

Hey @CPotter, not sure if there is anything that can be done here, but I though I should ask. I got a BYOC Pass, LMG Office Tour, LTX Merch Pack and a Two-Day Pass(bought by mistake). Unfortunately I won't be able to assist, is there any kind of (even a partial one)refund available?.

On 5/5/2019 at 9:32 AM, alain7 said:

Hey @CPotter, not sure if there is anything that can be done here, but I though I should ask. I got a BYOC Pass, LMG Office Tour, LTX Merch Pack and a Two-Day Pass(bought by mistake). Unfortunately I won't be able to assist, is there any kind of (even a partial one)refund available?.

Hey! These things happen, we completely understand. Can you DM me your order number and we'll get you refunded straight away. :) 

Hope to see you at the next one.

3 hours ago, CPotter said:

Hey! These things happen, we completely understand. Can you DM me your order number and we'll get you refunded straight away. :) 

Hope to see you at the next one.

What will happen to the Office Tour?

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

@CPotter

I have bought my airline tickets and I will be there a few days before and after, do you need any help? I am a Director of IT at a Security and MSP company. Let me know. :D (Jul 25 - Jul 31)

19 hours ago, DaiGurenMK42 said:

What will happen to the Office Tour?

It gets added back to the ticket pool. :) 

11 hours ago, Catagris said:

@CPotter

I have bought my airline tickets and I will be there a few days before and after, do you need any help? I am a Director of IT at a Security and MSP company. Let me know. :D (Jul 25 - Jul 31)

Definitely! Can you DM me your email? We need all the help we can get tbh.

18 hours ago, Catagris said:

@CPotter

I also signed up to volunteer.  Super excited! How long have you been in IT? 

7 hours ago, CPotter said:

Definitely! Can you DM me your email? We need all the help we can get tbh.

I'll also be coming in Thursday night and leaving Monday night. 

16 hours ago, Cash091 said:

I'll also be coming in Thursday night and leaving Monday night. 

Fantastic! We'll be in touch soon. :) 

It's starting to look like I won't be able to make LTX, what's the best way of dealing with my BYOC ticket? Get a refund or sell it second hand?

2 hours ago, Sirtak said:

It's starting to look like I won't be able to make LTX, what's the best way of dealing with my BYOC ticket? Get a refund or sell it second hand?

Colton has been asking people to DM him and they can refund the ticket.  It just goes back to the ticket pool and someone else can buy it.  Personally, I'd rather buy it from the site than buying it 2nd hand, but that's just me...

On 4/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, CPotter said:

Not sure if we'll have stock available, but hopefully, we'll have some water bottles to see on-site at LTX. :) 

Guess I'll have to hope that there are going to be some bottle's laying around when I'm there  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/7/2019 at 7:07 PM, Cash091 said:

I also signed up to volunteer.  Super excited! How long have you been in IT? 

I have been in IT for over 10 years. (My profile pic is old.)

@CPotter Hey Colton one question. Are there any restricitons for being a volunteer? Do you have to be from Canada/US or is it open for everybody?

Im planning to come from Slovenia and would love to be involved with the expo in some way.