What's With PS4 Prices!? How To Find a Killer Deal?

bmichaels556

Something I've been lamenting over the last few months, is the desire to pick up a PS4, especially for exclusives, namely Spider-Man, but also many others. As someone who's primarily been on Xbox 360 (before current gen), I actually had gotten a PS3 first back in the day, and always loved the exclusives. They've always been solid and you just can't hate on them. I've always maintained that for the full experience, you really end up having to own all of the consoles. Had a Wii as well, but never went for a Wii U.

Anyway, I'm rambling. So I guess I got spoiled with the price I paid for my Xbox One in December of 2017. Got an Xbox One S 500GB, two controllers, AND Battlefield 4 and Overwatch. For $250. So I'm over here, just trying to track down something like a PS4 Slim 500GB with two controllers for $250, and it seems like an impossible task. Sure, you can find it used. For an old model that's loud, and looks like the previous owner dropped it while rock climbing. But other than that, these things seem overpriced as hell. 

I know, I know... "Supply and demand". I guess that's true. I think the biggest issue is, like I said, I got spoiled by finding a killer deal on my Xbox One S, and I'm sort of attempting to find that in a PS4, but I know I likely won't. I feel like for the $250-300 I'll spend on what I want, why not go with the Pro at that point. Am I missing something? Anyone have any insider sources for an awesome deal on a PS4? Like I said, I'm willing to go used, but Ebay prices for used consoles are in line with new ones, which defies any and all logic.. :( 

You missed the spiderman black friday bundle, something similar will pop up again soon im sure 

For now, buy a used one off craigslist/kijiji, or spend more money

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You missed the spiderman black friday bundle, something similar will pop up again soon im sure 

For now, buy a used one off craigslist/kijiji, or spend more money

Yeah, I was totally distracted by some huge papers for college at the time and totally missed out on the Black Friday bundle... But yeah, I'm sure something will pop up again. Hell, feels like the PS5 will come out by then lmao

41 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

the PS5 will come out by then

Probably, but you're gonna have to double your budget for that 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

Probably, but you're gonna have to double your budget for that 

Probably right.. I really don't mind a half-decent 900p or 1080p experience, sitting across the room. So even then, a PS4 wouldn't be obsolete for me personally. 

1 minute ago, bmichaels556 said:

Probably right.. I really don't mind a half-decent 900p or 1080p experience, sitting across the room. So even then, a PS4 wouldn't be obsolete for me personally. 

I'm a bit under the weather, failed to consider people will be selling their old consoles ?

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

8 hours ago, bmichaels556 said:

Yeah, I was totally distracted by some huge papers for college at the time and totally missed out on the Black Friday bundle... But yeah, I'm sure something will pop up again. Hell, feels like the PS5 will come out by then lmao

I wouldn't be surprised to see PS4 Slim for $149 this Black Friday considering PS5 will probably be announced Spring 2020 and launched Fall 2020. PS4 Slim has gone on all kinds of sales the last few years. I bought mine in December 2016 for $220 with Uncharted 4 and since then the holiday deals have kept getting better. Your next bet for a discounted PS4 is probably the Days of Play sale they usually do in May or June. It won't be a Black Friday level deal though.

21 hours ago, bmichaels556 said:

Another deal should show up during this year.

Not sure if you are State side, but Best Buy already got a bundle deal going for the PS4 1TB and Spider Man game for $300 currently going on.  It probably to counter balance that $350 Xbox One X bundle deal Newegg was doing.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU