AMD 1950X core clock speed drops to 0.60Ghz HELP!

Just now, UnidentifiedGold said:

Hmmmm sarcasm, or not it is hard to tell how that was supposed to come across, if you are asking about bios though, extreme mode should be on if you are trying to push it to the edge, but since that doesn’t look like bios I do not know... Are you using AMDs Ryzen Master? If you are overclocking I would advise using their own tools... + why use Intel CPU burner... sorry I’m just not a fan of Intel for the most part.

Man I just want a stock stable working CPU I never OC anything and I don't want to! That's strange!

1 minute ago, freakyyyy said:

Man I just want a stock stable working CPU I never OC anything and I don't want to! That's strange!

Mortals

4 minutes ago, freakyyyy said:

Sadly no I noticed a problem after rendering for a while speeds are stable but screen turned black no signal!

Ah, did it come back? or stayed black screen? Sometimes I've had Vray be so hard on the CPU that it takes a while to load the lock screen.

But darn, this issue sure is annoying.

Just now, scottyseng said:

Ah, did it come back? or stayed black screen? Sometimes I've had Vray be so hard on the CPU that it takes a while to load the lock screen.

But darn, this issue sure is annoying.

No after black screen even the Fan controls speed will stop working! Now I turned the switch ON (Default)!, The main problem is The CPU Core Voltage drop to 0.80V this is why the CPU speed drop too I may change the CPU core Voltage manually!

7 hours ago, freakyyyy said:

No after black screen even the Fan controls speed will stop working! Now I turned the switch ON (Default)!, The main problem is The CPU Core Voltage drop to 0.80V this is why the CPU speed drop too I may change the CPU core Voltage manually!

Yeah, it'll also do that when thermal throttling. The CPU should be plenty fine at 50-55C though. This sure confuses me, not going to lie. haha.

6 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, it'll also do that when thermal throttling. The CPU should be plenty fine at 50-55C though. This sure confuses me, not going to lie. haha.

Btw In the BIOS H/W it shows the CPU is 68c why?

4 hours ago, freakyyyy said:

Btw In the BIOS H/W it shows the CPU is 68c why?

That's at idle? That's really strange

2 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Take a closer look!

DSC_0605.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

4 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Don't worry The  BIOS H/W CPU temp is the same with all people it's not true!, But what's the  VR temperature I have 92C not like most people who have the same mobo they have VR temperature like 32c why?

23 hours ago, scottyseng said:

What do you think?

wt.JPG

OK.JPG

On 2/24/2019 at 5:44 AM, freakyyyy said:

I don't know man I feel like I'm lost I have everything in the right order but I'm not sure about the RAM order I have  G.skill flare X  2x8 16GB

This is how I installed them > [1000] - [0100]

If you are talking about slots then you probably need to install it 0100 - 0001. Check your mobo specs for which slots to yuse

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

19 minutes ago, freakyyyy said:

What do you think?

The temps seems really reasonable to me. I'm still confused as to why it's clock throttling.

Do you have both "cpu"-power connectors connected? 8 and 4 pin?

You could also try setting Windows to max performance mode from power-savings settings.

1 hour ago, thinwalrus said:

Do you have both "cpu"-power connectors connected? 8 and 4 pin?

You could also try setting Windows to max performance mode from power-savings settings.

Yeah man both installed perfectly! 

1 hour ago, scottyseng said:

The temps seems really reasonable to me. I'm still confused as to why it's clock throttling.

There's something called VR temperature in the H/W BIOS mine is different from people I know who has the same mobo they have 24c but me 92c!

3 hours ago, scottyseng said:

I found out what causes the problem it's the CPU voltage regulator on the motherboard it runs very hot on idle 92c this is why my CPU get Undervoltage 0.85V I don't know what should I do now!? get a new motherboard? :(

Just now, freakyyyy said:

I found out what causes the problem it's the CPU voltage regulator on the motherboard it runs very hot on idle 92c this is why my CPU get Undervoltage 0.85V I don't know what should I do now!? get a new motherboard? :(

Yeah, that VRM shouldn't be idling that hot. The other thing to try is to point a fan right on top of the VRM heatsinks. Or put your hand on them to see if the heatsinks are really hot.

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, that VRM shouldn't be idling that hot. The other thing to try is to point a fan right on top of the VRM heatsinks. Or put your hand on them to see if the heatsinks are really hot.

I touched the heatsinks many times nothing physically hot! it's very cold! I have one of the best airflow cases and best fans!

1 minute ago, thinwalrus said:

Could be a faulty motherboard.

If so then fu*** I have the worst luck ever! ?

1 minute ago, freakyyyy said:

I touched the heatsinks many times nothing physically hot! it's very cold! I have one of the best airflow cases and best fans!

Seems like motherboard then in my opinion.

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

Seems like motherboard then in my opinion.

Yeah I have bad luck this time I'm talking with newegg now hopefully they will send me a new one.

For the record, some of the client parts have a temp offset.  The chip records tdie + offset which is called tctl (at least in the Linux kernel).  They do this so fans on the MB ramp up faster etc.  So if you put in a high TDP CPU, you don't have to touch the fan curves etc.  (It's debatable if it's useful for power users, but from from an third-party and common user stand point, it makes sense.)  So to read tdie (and not tctl) you need to use a program that knows what the offsets are for each chip. 

If you want the temp offsets or understand how it works, just looks at the k10temp driver in Linux.

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."

3 minutes ago, bloodthirster said:

For the record, some of the client parts have a temp offset.  The chip records tdie + offset which is called tctl (at least in the Linux kernel).  They do this so fans on the MB ramp up faster etc.  So if you put in a high TDP CPU, you don't have to touch the fan curves etc.  (It's debatable if it's useful for power users, but from from an third-party and common user stand point, it makes sense.)  So to read tdie (and not tctl) you need to use a program that knows what the offsets are for each chip. 

If you want the temp offsets or understand how it works, just looks at the k10temp driver in Linux.

Man I touched the heatsinks physically with my own hands nothing is hot at all! it's freezing instead! 

I'm just explaining why there's temp offsets and why some programs report higher temps than others.   Other people mentioned this but knowing why something happens is more important than just knowing it (and makes it easier to remember).  It's just an FYI. 

Sounds like you have a bum MB though.   Threadripper (and Epyc) should be pretty stable at this point.  If you've updated your OS and BIOS and turned off any auto OC (running stock voltages, clocks etc),  chances are the MB is bad.  Those MBs are fairly complex so it wouldn't surprise me of you got a lemon. 

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."