AMD 1950X core clock speed drops to 0.60Ghz HELP!

I just build my TR4 workstation but I noticed a problem the clock speed inconsistent 3.55Ghz then 0.55 > 1.64 and so on while rendering with corona and Vray.... :(

CPU temps

idle 28c

MAX 50c 

CPU cooler Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 dual fan config

Mobo: ASrock tatcihi X399 (P3.30 BIOS).

RAM: G.skill Flare X 3200mhz dual channel so far.

Help, please!

28 minutes ago, freakyyyy said:

I just build my TR4 workstation but I noticed a problem the clock speed inconsistent 3.55Ghz then 0.55 > 1.64 and so on while rendering with corona and Vray.... :(

CPU temps

idle 28c

MAX 50c 

CPU cooler Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 dual fan config

Mobo: ASrock tatcihi X399 (P3.30 BIOS).

RAM: G.skill Flare X 3200mhz dual channel so far.

Help, please!

Did you buy it new?

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

40 minutes ago, LlamaFamah said:

Did you buy it new?

-Llama

Yes new. 

1 hour ago, freakyyyy said:

Yes new. 

Try re-seating the CPU (taking it out of the socket and putting it back in)

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

— Steve Wozniak

5 hours ago, LlamaFamah said:

Try re-seating the CPU (taking it out of the socket and putting it back in)

Oh please no but why? 

2 hours ago, freakyyyy said:

Oh please no but why? 

???

What are you concerned about?

— Steve Wozniak

2 hours ago, LlamaFamah said:

???

I don't know man I feel like I'm lost I have everything in the right order but I'm not sure about the RAM order I have  G.skill flare X  2x8 16GB

This is how I installed them > [1000] - [0100]

Hi, I just build my TR4 workstation PC but I noticed a problem after doing some work clock speeds inconsistent It goes up to 3.55Ghz then 0.54 > 2.64 > 1.68 and so on while rendering with 3dsMAX corona and VRay.... 

for example Cinebench R15:

The first test I get 2940cb after many tests I drop to 2450 or so also there's some app crashes on windows startup like discord & GPU-Z.

CPU temps

idle 28c

MAX 52c 

CPU cooler:  Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 dual fan config.

Mobo: ASrock tatcihi X399 (P3.30 BIOS).

RAM: G.skill Flare X 3200mhz dual channel so far.  Memory slots config > [1000] - [0100]

Here's a pic please help :(

Capture.PNG

Just now, LlamaFamah said:

???

I reinstalled the CPU and cleaned all miss and re-apply the thermal paste but still the same problem. :(

I would check for updates to BIOS or reset it. That's really odd though.

I would also get CPU-Z or HWinfo / HWmonitor and see who clock speeds they report.

Minor detail, but if you plan to do heavy rendering, I would recommend getting four sticks of RAM so you get quad channel speed.

I might be wrong but doesn't Windows currently suffer from Scheduling bugs when running TR? Could that be the cause?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

36 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I would check for updates to BIOS or reset it. That's really odd though.

I would also get CPU-Z or HWinfo / HWmonitor and see who clock speeds they report.

Minor detail, but if you plan to do heavy rendering, I would recommend getting four sticks of RAM so you get quad channel speed.

The mobo comes with the second last update 3.30P before the 3.50P btw what do you mean by quad channel speed? CPU?, Anyways whenever I have the time I will post everything with CPU-Z HWINFO.

34 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I might be wrong but doesn't Windows currently suffer from Scheduling bugs when running TR? Could that be the cause?

I don't know man everything is working fine rendering speed is insane but then it drops from 3.8Ghz to 0.54 > 1.88 > 2.64, I hope my CPU&mobo are fine. 

48 minutes ago, Zagna said:

Does HWiNFO also show the same clock frequencies?

I will show you, man, as soon as I have time I'm not that good at it, thank you.

14 minutes ago, freakyyyy said:

The mobo comes with the second last update 3.30P before the 3.50P btw what do you mean by quad channel speed? CPU?, Anyways whenever I have the time I will post everything with CPU-Z HWINFO.

Quad channel refers to how many memory channels the CPU can use. I would recommend four sticks of RAM to make sure CPU gets full speed. Rendering can get pretty memory speed hungry.

Ah, have you tried a normal CPU load test (Like Intel Burn Test) just to make sure it's not the program?

38 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Quad channel refers to how many memory channels the CPU can use. I would recommend four sticks of RAM to make sure CPU gets full speed. Rendering can get pretty memory speed hungry.

Ah, have you tried a normal CPU load test (Like Intel Burn Test) just to make sure it's not the program?

No but I have tried everything V-Ray benchmark & cinebench, corona benchmark at first everything is good but after almost 1 min speed drops and back again and so on this is my first powerful CPU it could be due to memory config I don't know but please tell me that my CPU and mobo are fine. :S 

1 minute ago, freakyyyy said:

No but I have tried everything V-Ray benchmark & cinebench at first everything is good but after almost 1 min speed drops and back again and so on this is my first powerful CPU it could be due to memory config I don't know but please tell me that my CPU and mobo are fine. :S 

Yeah, benchmarks don't add up to the full load a normal render can put out. I would try Intel Burn Test just to make sure nothing is wrong.

I would recommend updating the BIOS though. (Yes, you'll have to reoverclock the RAM).

42 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, benchmarks don't add up to the full load a normal render can put out. I would try Intel Burn Test just to make sure nothing is wrong.

I would recommend updating the BIOS though. (Yes, you'll have to reoverclock the RAM).

Ok I will update the BIOS to (3.50P the latest ver) and see RAM is already set to 3200mhz, Give me the settings you want me to test the CPU on for Intel Burn just make sure it's safe xD Then I will show you everything you need to know, Thank you so much! 

1 hour ago, freakyyyy said:

Ok I will update the BIOS to (3.50P the latest ver) and see RAM is already set to 3200mhz, Give me the settings you want me to test the CPU on for Intel Burn just make sure it's safe xD Then I will show you everything you need to know, Thank you so much! 

Well, you'll have to set the RAM again as upgrading BIOS resets all settings.

All you need is 5 passes at maximum. Install HWmonitor or HWinfo and monitor the temps / clock speeds.

Just now, scottyseng said:

All you need is 5 passes at maximum. Install HWmonitor or HWinfo and monitor the temps / clock speeds.

OMG the other software are reading wrong? is it true?

wtf.PNG

Just now, freakyyyy said:

OMG the other software are reading wrong? is it true?

wtf.PNG

OMG the other software are reading wrong? well I will update the BIOS now omg the cooler is installed very well I'm sure!

1 minute ago, freakyyyy said:

OMG the other software are reading wrong? well I will update the BIOS now omg the cooler is installed very well I'm sure!

Ah, no, Intel Burn Test lives up to it's name. It's one of the hardest CPU tests you can run. For example, my vray renders run 10-12C cooler than Intel Burn Test does. haha

But if it survives, then you know your hardware is probably good. Keep an eye on the clock speed though.

Ah, no, Intel Burn Test lives up to it's name. It's one of the hardest CPU tests you can run. For example, my vray renders run 10-12C cooler than Intel Burn Test does. haha

But if it survives, then you know your hardware is probably good. Keep an eye on the clock speed though.

This is not Intel Burn test this is ceinebenh! Idle is 53c should I trust this software!! I may downgrade the BIOS

Just now, freakyyyy said:

This is not Intel Burn test this is ceinebenh! Idle is 53c should I trust this software!!

Oh, right, there's that issue with Ryzen gen 1 where the temps are 20C higher than they're supposed to be. You need Ryzen Master to see the correct temps if I remember right.

You mostly want the software to monitor the actual core clocks of each core (Task manager isn't good at showing this)