Pentium with no graphics, but for who?

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

IThey'd make sense for prebuilt systems like the Alienware Alpha, where there is a dGPU and the iGPU is legitimately useless for most people.

But what self respecting, gaming orientated SI would ship a system with a low end dual core? I absolutely love the idea of shipping chips without iGPU's, but it should be sold for less, since youre getting less...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

You need a Z series board. So......

Also you can get an 200GE and use a certain BIOS revision on the B seroes board to overclock.

Yeah i guess you are right, maybe i could get one of those ghetto ali a/taobao "z" boards but yeah the Athlon would make much more sense 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Just now, SenpaiKaplan said:

But what self respecting, gaming orientated SI would ship a system with a low end dual core?

All of them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

That still leaves the possibility for some of these chips to be able to squeeze another hundred MHz, because it's the iGPU that's defective, not the entire chip. The silicon lottery is still at play, and again, an iGPU might though out enough heat or draw enough power to hinder the last little bit of potential.

Then its down to silicon lottery. Not the chip itself. 

The powerdraw of the iGPU doesnt affect the CPU conponents at all. It uses a different set of VRMs.

The heat is probably 1 watt max at idle. And unless you are running at 98*C its not something that will affect you.

Just now, Drak3 said:

All of them.

For what games though? Games get more and more demanding to the point of quad cores becoming a minimum requirement...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

Just now, SenpaiKaplan said:

For what games though? Games get more and more demanding to the point of quad cores becoming a minimum requirement...

Older games. "Consoles" that are just emulation PCs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

self respecting

>Respect

>Alienware

Naw, they do that constantly. I actually had to convince a friend of mine not to spend $800 on a dual core i3 system a year ago.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The "for who" is probably "just not the trash". It costs Intel basically nothing to repackage the chips so bad they only had 2/3 working cores and a busted iGPU and now they don't have to just toss those chips out, they can attempt to sell them to someone.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

All of them.

Tbf. I see quite a few grabbing that and a gt 1030 ddr4 or rx 550 (less sp model) together. 

Because they want us to cringe

Just now, fasauceome said:

>Respect

>Alienware

Naw, they do that constantly. I actually had to convince a friend of mine not to spend $800 on a dual core i3 system a year ago.

Eugh. I don't really shop prebuilts (since building pc's is like 3/4 of the fun) but that sounds horrid.

I like Alienware's case designs. The Area 51 is a pretty case and I would happily build in one if it had proper rad support.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13982/intel-pentium-g5600f

Intel has unveiled a Pentium that lacks an iGPU, but I have to ask, who the hell is this for? For budget gaming, I have a hard time recommending even a quad core, and if the 9900KF is anything to go by, this Pentium will cost the same as the one with an iGPU. What would the use case for this be?

I have to say, most likely an HTPC with a 1050 ti or a 1060 3gb.

This could also serve as a NAS chip, with just some basic graphics card for output.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

2 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I have to say, most likely an HTPC with a 1050 ti or a 1060 3gb.

This could also serve as a NAS chip, with just some basic graphics card for output.

But what benefit does that bring to either field?

You could just buy a regular chip, disable the iGPU, and run the DGPU for HTPC use. Or, not require one at all for NAS usage.

Requiring more space and power to do the same job. GG.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

Once again the Athlon 200ge is proven the hottest girl at budget prom.

chough

unless you need PCIe lanes. Iirc it only has 8 to the slots. 

40 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I guess, but the last Nas I got had an atom in it, cheaper and decent enough. Is there a specific price point this would help out?

An arm board would even do the job cheaper from an x86 atom, especially for an home one

40 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why do people think the 9900KF will overclock to 5.5ghz and such because its iGPU is dead?

If any thing it might overclock worse given the silicon was bad enough to give you a defective iGPU lol! but honestly if the iGPU is already disabled it makes no difference between the 9900K and 9900KF, right?

Just because the iGPU is disabled doesn't mean it was necessarily defective. It's very common for perfectly fine hardware resources to be disabled to make the supply of chips fit into the pricing structure and market demand.

That's why you've had situations in the past where disabled stuff could be re-enabled. Now they usually physically fuse stuff off to prevent that though.

25 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

chough

unless you need PCIe lanes. Iirc it only has 8 to the slots. 

Chances are you're not getting oodles of PCIe devices for a system with an athlon in it, and the motherboard has lanes too of course.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Finwillwin said:

Most midrange to low-end GPUs don't see much if all of a difference in performance from PCI-E 8x to 16x

Anything below the GTX1080 definitely won't if you're gaming, and it's highly unlikely that anything above will wee anything beyond a very marginal difference.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.