Amazon Firetvstick 4k audio

ZeusXI

So im having problems setting up my firestick. I went online to see if others tried this, but a bunch of questions are left unanswered. 

So hooking up the firestick to a TV, the audio volume control on the remote works. But when I hook it up to a computer monitor, it doesnt increase or decrease the volume so i have to manually use the monitor volume button to turn the volume up or down.

Is there a way to get this working? or does it not work on computer monitors?

The problem is most computer monitors don't have a IR remote like a TV has.  When you use the Firestick with a TV the Firesticks's remote clones the IR signal for the TV's volume control, the actual Firestick doesn't control the volume.

12 hours ago, johnny5c said:

The problem is most computer monitors don't have a IR remote like a TV has.  When you use the Firestick with a TV the Firesticks's remote clones the IR signal for the TV's volume control, the actual Firestick doesn't control the volume.

That makes sense. Thanks!

11 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

That makes sense. Thanks!

Hey no problem.  If you're sick of getting up to change the volume you could get a Bluetooth speaker that has a volume control and connect it to the Firestick, it's what I use to watch TV in bed when the wife is sleeping.