Facebook just doesn't care about anybody

kubikulek231

Hi, 

I need your help.

Almost 2 months ago I turned on two-factor authentication on my account. So set up google authenticator app and it worked... for a while. 

For some reason I was forced to completely wipe my phone and set it to factory settings and guess what. Google authenticator is gone. 

And since I did not set up any of those "backup options" (It did not even tell me I should) and I'm not logged on any device, I can't log into anymore. 

Reset your account? Enter authentication code. 

Change authenticator settings? Enter authentication code.

There's no way of contacting them. Only thing I was able to reach out (after a long time of googling and clicking on links) was submitting tickets on their not working fb support.

Somebody would expect that it's a solution, right? Well, if they responded... I sent them photos of my ID and created so many tickets. I'm kinda freaking out.

Imagine being a student or just eh... Imagine being 2 months without facebook. 

It literaly looks like they're never going to respond. There's no way of contacting human being via their "support". 

And what's the best about this?

I'm not the first with this issue. There are literaly thousands people (a lot more than this I guess) with these problems. Some people are left with no answear after 3 months.

It frightenes me a little bit. Check Facebooks tweets and read the comments. 

This seems like a quite big issue. They just don't care about their people. 

Did anyone has simmilar issue to mine? Did you get it solved?

Could you please help me somehow? (and many people as well)

Or could you share this story so more people get involved?

Thank you for reading this

PS: sorry for the grammar etc.

33 years without Facebook, i'm still perfectly functioning with no ill side effects.

If support isn't willing to help you, there's not much more you can do.

I would encourage you to seek an alternative to Google Authenticator for future 2fa uses, something like Authy which enables backup and restore features for events like this.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 hours ago, kubikulek231 said:

I'm a student and don't have an account there

not being an NPC is cool you should try it 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I too support leaving Facebook, they're trash and I finally left after the analytica business. 

Try 

https://m.facebook.com/help/147926301947841

And if you don't have the printed thing try the recovery options at the end of that paragraph

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

You should be able to “forgot password” and like say who your friends are. 

That or get google back & log into those accounts. 

I got put in Facebook Jail like 6x now.  My friend is a lawyer and owns his own Law Firm and was put in FB jail few times too.

Fux Zuk. I currently in FB Jail and they disabled the feedback to contest the penalty.  I spam them with nasty notes and just shut off the feedback.

I'm surprised my account not perma-banned.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Same I left fb like 3 or 4 years ago, only using it for work purposes, same as twitter. Nowadays reddit is my main source of everything :) 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

One day, I was scrolling through my Facebook feed or whatever they called it, and I thought "Hang on, I don't actually like or otherwise interact with any of these people."  The only useful purpose it served was as a record of my vegetable garden.  Turns out, .txt files are a thing.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, kubikulek231 said:

Hi, 

I need your help.

Almost 2 months ago I turned on two-factor authentication on my account. So set up google authenticator app and it worked... for a while. 

For some reason I was forced to completely wipe my phone and set it to factory settings and guess what. Google authenticator is gone. 

And since I did not set up any of those "backup options" (It did not even tell me I should) and I'm not logged on any device, I can't log into anymore. 

Reset your account? Enter authentication code. 

Change authenticator settings? Enter authentication code.

There's no way of contacting them. Only thing I was able to reach out (after a long time of googling and clicking on links) was submitting tickets on their not working fb support.

Somebody would expect that it's a solution, right? Well, if they responded... I sent them photos of my ID and created so many tickets. I'm kinda freaking out.

It literaly looks like they're never going to respond. There's no way of contacting human being via their "support". 

And what's the best about this?

I'm not the first with this issue. There are literaly thousands people (a lot more than this I guess) with these problems. Some people are left with no answear after 3 months.

It frightenes me a little bit. Check Facebooks tweets and read the comments. 

This seems like a quite big issue. They just don't care about their people. 

Did anyone has simmilar issue to mine? Did you get it solved?

Could you please help me somehow? (and many people as well)

Or could you share this story so more people get involved?

Thank you for reading this

PS: sorry for the grammar etc.

Money has no feelings.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -