General Tech/Programming Questions

L0m

Here are some of the questions I would love to get answered,

1. What is python VirtualEnv? (I know it's somehow related to pip but that's all I know)
  2. What are some python GUIs/Game Engines with high customization? (and good looking) other than tkinter, kivy and pygame. EDIT: The Game Engine Part is to use in 2d
  3. Does anyone know a good tutorial for SKLearn?
  4. Would a external amp and dac improve the standard $50 headphones?
  5. Are there any good wooden cases on the market?

TIA

I'm a python programmer and I play trombone

4 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:

Are there any good wooden cases on the market?

I've never seen one as a "mass market" for sale, only custom one offs.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've never seen one as a "mass market" for sale, only custom one offs.

I seem to distinctly recall some startup like two decades ago trying to bring some wooden cases into the wider market, but... well, doesn't look like they survived.

Wood just doesn't make much sense for computer-cases; you need more of it to achieve the same structural rigidity as you'd achieve with metals, you can't just simply extrude it into an easily-tooleable shape, you can just go with a metal case, slap some paint and vinyl decals with wood-pattern on it  to make a case that looks like it was wooden..

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I seem to distinctly recall some startup like two decades ago trying to bring some wooden cases into the wider market, but... well, doesn't look like they survived.

I'm stunned someone even tried to make that as a viable business.

I've seen some stunning one-offs, but they are just that...bespoke one-offs.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

25 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:

Would a external amp and dac improve the standard $50 headphones?

Nope

25 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:

Volta,I think it was in one of Linus videos

https://volta.computer/

These guys

https://www.lazer3d.com/shop/

My life

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'm stunned someone even tried to make that as a viable business.

I've seen some stunning one-offs, but they are just that...bespoke one-offs.

Kind of sad, to be honest. I've also seen some really wonderful custom jobbies that I was oh so envious about, and I happen to really like wood as a material -- if it wasn't so expensive, I'd love to have a custom-made one myself, too.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

38 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:
  1. What are some python GUIs/Game Engines with high customization? (and good looking) other than tkinter, kivy and pygame.

Programming directly with a graphics API is the highest customization you can get aside from creating your own. 

You can use Blender but it’s a bit trickier than opening a text editor & typing. 

38 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:
  1. Would a external amp and dac improve the standard $50 headphones?

It may. Depends on the quality of headphones & the quality of your existing sound card. 

I have studio headphones so those are leagues better with a music external sound card compared to a built in onboard sound card. 

34 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:

What is python VirtualEnv? (I know it's somehow related to pip but that's all I know)

A python virtual environment is a sandboxed instance of python which allows you to separate projects and their installed libraries from each other and more importantly from your system install 

39 minutes ago, SpecMe9870 said:

Not likely unless your device is extremely sub-standard. External amps are really only useful for high-impedance phones, or specialty electro-static phones. A DAC may be beneficial but only if you have the high-bitrate source material to fuel it.

1 hour ago, SpecMe9870 said:

What is python VirtualEnv? (I know it's somehow related to pip but that's all I know)

It allows you to create separate environments to run specific Python applications. The problem with Python and its package system is that some libraries will update over time but the application will not for whatever reason. And sometimes the library gets updated in a way that breaks the application. But then if you have two applications that use the same library and require separate versions, it'd be annoying to have to install the right version of the library every time you want to run that application. So you create a separate environment for that application that has the libraries and versions it needs to run properly.

What are some python GUIs/Game Engines with high customization? (and good looking) other than tkinter, kivy and pygame.

While I can't help you here, I'm sure you can also cobble up what you need from other libraries if you can't find exactly what you need.

Amplifiers are only really needed if your current setup can't drive them. Basically if they're fine volume wise on a regular headphone jack, you won't need one.

Not that anyone sells. There is a system or two probably that build cases out of wood.

4 hours ago, SpecMe9870 said:

What are some python GUIs/Game Engines with high customization? (and good looking) other than tkinter, kivy and pygame.

Any fast, good-looking python game engine would be written in C/C++ anyway (because python is waaayyyyyy to slow to do that kind of thing), so certain types of modification become unreachable to someone who only knows python.

There are two examples here:

https://www.panda3d.org/

https://www.ogre3d.org/

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME