Dell's affordable 4K screen is a compromise too far for PC gaming

88records

guys... give 4K another year before buying it. we need all the technology to catch up to the displays.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I would be happy if 1440p 22' monitors were common really. Don't care all that much about 4K monitors since my R9 290X won't be able to run most games at High/Ultra settings! I prefer to play @ 22' 1440p with much higher settings than @ 24' 4K with Medium/Low settings (all this to achieve 40-60FPS).

we

i didnt -__-

users who keep using we in replies should really be specific on who is we

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

to be fair, most games won't run above 30fps on 4k anyway. Still sucks though

I'd wager that most people planning on playing at 4K will have graphics cards that are more than capable of pushing over 30 FPS.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I'd wager that most people planning on playing at 4K will have graphics cards that are more than capable of pushing over 30 FPS.

Well then I'd make the arguement that they won't need to buy the cheapest 4k monitor available.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

no i only have a single 780 and i still would put down $1500 on that 4k ultrasharp monitor.

and for everyone still thinking this site is right here u go :)

post-1006-0-81972600-1390368349.png