I NEED HELP WITH DUAL CHANNEL PLEASE!

blank.

The RAM itself doesn't really have anything to do with Dual Channel. It's really the motherboard and CPU that matter, though it's generally best to go for RAM that's on the QVL for the motherboard.

There's nothing stopping that RAM from working in dual channel, though as I mentioned, the RAM isn't really what determines that.

So, my motherboard actually supports Dual Channel memory, it's an AORUS B360 Gaming WiFi

How do I actually configure it?

Do I need to buy a memory from the same vendor? Same speed?

Enlighten me please

You should be able to run two different RAM brands, and I am currently doing that myself. However, sometimes they will not work together, and you need to get two of the same brand.

1 hour ago, Elevate said:

However, sometimes they will not work together, and you need to get two of the same brand.

RAM needs to be the same type in order to work.

Brand, speed, timings, nothing else matters. If it's DDR3, you need DDR3 memory, not DDR2 or DDR4.

As long as it's the same type, it really doesn't matter when it comes to RAM.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 2/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

RAM needs to be the same type in order to work.

Brand, speed, timings, nothing else matters. If it's DDR3, you need DDR3 memory, not DDR2 or DDR4.

As long as it's the same type, it really doesn't matter when it comes to RAM.

By speed, timings or whatever, you mean that it needs to have the numbers printed on my actual RAM? 

16-16-16

Idk what this is, but it's printed on my RAM

On 2/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, blank. said:

So, my motherboard actually supports Dual Channel memory, it's an AORUS B360 Gaming WiFi

How do I actually configure it?

Do I need to buy a memory from the same vendor? Same speed?

Enlighten me please

its plug and play. you can also drop by to your BIOS to set up the XMP profile. check your mobo guide on how to set it up, since not all BIOS are created equal (except for same mobo unit)

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

3 hours ago, blank. said:

By speed, timings or whatever, you mean that it needs to have the numbers printed on my actual RAM? 

16-16-16

Idk what this is, but it's printed on my RAM

Those would be the timings. They don't matter, but you'll need to have the slowest stick in your A1 DIMM slot for it to work.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!