How do I set up my custom loop? i9-9900k & 2080 Ti

These are the specs for the PC I want to build in a month or so - I am not sure on case at the moment but the specs are bellow. I would like to know what goes into where with regards to hardline tubing. If someone could just point out for example cpu>blank>blank>blank etc. Thank you!

i9-9900k

NVIDIA 2080 Ti Founders Edition

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3200MHz RAM

Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

Seagate 2TB HDD

Corsair RMX 850W PSU

GPU Water Block - EK-Vector Nickel Nickel + Acetal with a Black Backplate

CPU Water Block - EK-Velocity Nickel + Acetal

Pump/Reservoir - EK-XRES 140 Revo D4 PWM - replace the Reservoir with EK-Res X3 250

Radiator - 2 x EK-Coolstream SE 360 (Slim Tripple)

Fans - 6 x Corsair ML120 120mm Low Noise High Pressure Fans

Questions:

a) What tubing do I need? - Size/Material etc - I want hard cooling.

b) What tubing goes where? cpu>???>???>???> etc

c) What is a good purple fluid?

TIA!

a)iirc petg may be somewhat easier to work with, acryllic doesn't evoke any memories, then there's copper and glass and other hard tubing options. really a personal preference thing

b)loop order doesn't matter much, most important thing is res>pump, then feed into your other components in whatever order

Idk about colored fluids much

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

a. There are two typical sizes for tubing (at least that I know), 12mm and 16mm. Tube size doesn't affect performance so pick whatever you want. Recommendation: EK-HD PETG Tube, and you can choose from a variety of fittings (make sure they are compatible with your tube size).

b. Doesn't matter. Reference:

c. Sticking with EKWB, they have their Solid Electric Purple CryoFuel. There are plenty of other fluid manufacturers like Mayhems, Primochill, Thermaltake, etc.

Y'all might want to unplug your brains from youtube for a second because jayz video is (unfortunately, I like the guy) complete unscientific bullshit.

He failed to take several things into account:

1. He never ran both gpu and cpu under full load at the same time.

2. He didn't change the flow rate. Not all systems have excellent flow rates like the one in his video.

3. What was the overclock? How much power was he actually pushing through the components?

The only truly correct thing in this video is: the overall loop temp will not change based on loop order.

I encourage all of you to run this test yourselves. Put your CPU in front of your GPU then fire up prime95 and furmark at the same time. Then switch the CPU and GPU and run the same test again. THEN, repeat the same two tests with the pump at a lower flow rate.

I've done this myself, running massive overclocks on a 1080ti and a 7820x and well... the results are clear. If you preheat the water with your CPU, the GPU is going to run at a higher temperature and vice versa. In my case I was able to get a 5-10c difference with half speed on a D5 pump.

Please stop parroting disinformation!

100% RGB FREE