Microsoft boss feels cloud computing is no threat to next dedicated console

nicehat

I really find it ironic that microsoft is supporting offline gaming after the whole DRM "Always Online" thing (Despite it not being as bad as people thought and the fact they changed it)

Personally, I like to be able to game without internet. Due to being on a budget I don't have the greatest (Or stable) internet and my router is down right horrible. What I'm looking forward to is the ability to stream games to devices that wouldn't otherwise be able to run certain games. For example if I wanted to play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon without having to lug around a large gaming laptop (despite them getting rediculusly smaller and lighter) Or hook up a desktop downstairs. Also, what about LAN? Theres nothing like rediculusly low ping and extra stable connection. What I think might change gaming as we know it is the ability to stream to very small gamecube sized machines (or smaller) that go under the name "Steam Machines".

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

Same thing lol

I don't care about the console. What I really want to know is wtf is inside of it.

Inside that console is what we call in 'Straya, sausages.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Wtf are they cooking in the PS4? @looney is that schnitzel?

Well first up that would be a PS3. And those are sausages... you don't go out much do you?

Well first up that would be a PS3. And those are sausages... you don't go out much do you?

I'm sorry, I don't go out to restaurants to eat fucken sausages lol and second of all I've been informed by like 5 people before you that it is indeed a playstation 3. Thank you for your concern.

I'm sorry, I don't go out to restaurants to eat fucken sausages lol and second of all I've been informed by like 5 people before you that it is indeed a playstation 3. Thank you for your concern.

For your crimes of asking the identity of the PS3 grill meat, you have been sentenced to be told the answer by everyone in the LTT forum. May god have mercy on your soul.

Also, its sausage 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

For your crimes of asking the identity of the PS3 grill meat, you have been sentenced to be told the answer by everyone in the LTT forum. May god have mery on your soul.

Also, its sausage 

:P Spare me? Twas only a mere console.

yes, I know... Like 3 people told me. I'm sorry lol.

tis ok

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It's too late, I've been sentenced by @nicehat . It was a pleasure knowing you :(

:(

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Didn't I say all that 3 months ago? but because Linus said this was the last generation of console everyone told me I was wrong, I even remember have a debate about the definition of the name console.

And P.S @MangoJuiceStain they are sausages and it's a PS3 :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I agree, with skywake as well. The international and regional network infastructure is not capable of handling such a drastic increase in workload. Imagine all the people owning an Xbox One, streaming gameplay at 1080p, while uploading input data from the controller? Yeeeeaaaah... physical machines will continue to be the staple for AAA videogames for some time to come... this MIGHT be the last console generation, but we just don't know yet. To try and conclude it now would be frivilous.

Thoroughness rating
#########

I agree, with skywake as well. The international and regional network infastructure is not capable of handling such a drastic increase in workload. Imagine all the people owning an Xbox One, streaming gameplay at 1080p, while uploading input data from the controller? Yeeeeaaaah... physical machines will continue to be the staple for AAA videogames for some time to come... this MIGHT be the last console generation, but we just don't know yet. To try and conclude it now would be frivilous.

exactly, and to add to that, if some people (mainly the type that by consoles) were to be faced with an option of buying a gaming pc and a second device to stream to that can connect to the tv or buying a console, I think they'll buy the console so basically a console might easily be more appealing to many people than local streaming.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Mmmm...is that kebab made in a ps3?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

But I though the XBone had cloud computing. So is M$ making a U-turn or was the cloud computing thing all bull to begin with. I'm going with that the XBone doesn't have any cloud computing capabilities. Besides I though it was obvious that cloud computing won't have any effect for at least 5 years.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

But I though the XBone had cloud computing. So is M$ making a U-turn or was the cloud computing thing all bull to begin with. I'm going with that the XBone doesn't have any cloud computing capabilities. Besides I though it was obvious that cloud computing won't have any effect for at least 5 years.

the only capabilities any device needs for cloud computing is a network connection and software.

the only capabilities any device needs for cloud computing is a network connection and software.

Yea but there are optimizations that can be done which was what I meant. So prioritizing network capabilities is more important for a streaming machine then hardware. Sorry if I gt the wrong message across. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard