Which case Should i Buy?

basslinne123

Hi so in march i will be starting my Upgrade i will be Buying:

AMD FX 8320

AMD R9 280X

700+ or more PSU

Corsair H55i maybe

So im looking into 2 cases thinking what i should buy, i could get a Zalman Z11 + case for 40 Pounds of a friend Brand new or i could buy the NZXT Phantom 410 for 80 pounds 

Which one do you think would be best for money or any other things, the only thing im worried by the 410 is that there are no Dust filters Apart from in the front of the case and the bottom for the Power supply? Any suggestion on what i should get? 

Nice informative response would be really nice if possible :)

No need to worry about the dust filters since you only need them for the intakes. Exhausts will push air out and prevent dust from getting in from that way.

Looks are subjective. Go for whatever you like the look of.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

410 has more features. But go with the one you like the look of

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

410 has more features. But go with the one you like the look of

Its more the fact of is it worth saving 40 pounds and going with the Zalman or is the extra 40 pounds worth it for the room and everything else with the Phantom 410?

NZXT Phantom, and don't get a H55i, get a Hyper 212 Evo

Thats true actually but, this is a AMD FX 8320 which does get quite hot

No need to worry about the dust filters since you only need them for the intakes. Exhausts will push air out and prevent dust from getting in from that way.

Looks are subjective. Go for whatever you like the look of.

you're right i didnt take into account that they are exhaust fans

well I like the corsair 500r it has a 200mm fan I think on one of the side panels to help cool the parts in it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

You could wait for the new H440 from NZXT. I would go for a Corsair 540 Air though and do some little mods to it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

What size motherboard are you planning on using?

EDIT: Nevermind, I reread your original post. I would go with the NZXT Phantom 410 case. There looks like it has higher acolades.

Avoid 120mm AiOs if possible, they are not that good compared to high-end air coolers or even mid-end.

As for the chassis, go with whichever you prefer, unless there is something more important that $40 could do in your situation.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

Avoid 120mm AiOs if possible, they are not that good compared to high-end air coolers or even mid-end.

As for the chassis, go with whichever you prefer, unless there is something more important that $40 could do in your situation.

Personally, I like 120mm AiOs because the weight of the radiator is on the side of the case instead of being supported by the motherboard so it is safer for transportation.

Personally, I like 120mm AiOs because the weight of the radiator is on the side of the case instead of being supported by the motherboard so it is safer for transportation.

That's pretty understandable. Well, this would've to depend on the OP if he travels with the PC frequently.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.