My First Custom Loop

Chrjz

So, I probably put my first computer together around the age of 13...

Here's a quick pic of that bad boy:

tq1b.jpg

Nice cable management ;)

Anyway... having built a few computers since then, I was interested in more of a challenge, so I decided to give water cooling a shot.

I've had a closed loop on my CPU before and wasn't that impressed; besides, what I really wanted from it was a silent video card as that has always been the loudest component.

Getting down to it, this isn't so much a build log, as it is a couple pictures of my finished rig. Here they are:

12142560796_8d8480aaf4_k.jpg

12142581636_1da3b67a4e_k.jpg

12142182213_23ce458bf5_k.jpg

12142589196_29d5328702_k.jpg

That's it.

If anyone is interested in specs, they are as follows:

• 3570k @ 4.3GHz
  • 780 @ 1240MHz (core) 7GHz (memory)
  • 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz
  • GA-Z77X-UD3H
  • Seagate HDD.15 4TB
  • 2x Intel 520 120GB in RAID 0
  • Seasonic X-650

Thank you for taking the time to have a look; she's not amazing but I'm proud of her.

On a side note, how lame is it to use feminine pronouns when talking about a computer?

nice rig.

and welcome :D

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Welcome to the wonderful world of water cooling. You do realize that you can never go back now! once you water cool, nothing else will ever do. Have fun with it!

On a side note, how lame is it to use feminine pronouns when talking about a computer?

Woemen = sexy(mostly)

PC = Sexy(mostly)

Women = great

PC's = Great

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Welcome to the wonderful world of water cooling. You do realize that you can never go back now! once you water cool, nothing else will ever do. Have fun with it!

Yeah... I already wish I had another project to work on.

My Dad is planning on upgrading his PC but he won't go for water cooling <_<

Looks good but you need some lighting in there! You add some white light and blue dye and that thing will look sexy. 

Nice build!

Have you filled your loop yet or is that just water? @Chrjs

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Looks good but you need some lighting in there! You add some white light and blue dye and that thing will look sexy. 

I considered adding some UV lighting... the tubes are UV blue as are the cables.

I've always kind of thought adding lights was a bit garish, but a white light might not be too bad.

As for dye, obviously lots of people use it, but I've also read a lot of people saying not to use it.

Nice build!

Have you filled your loop yet or is that just water? @Chrjs

Yeah, it's filled with distilled water and Dazmode Protector.

I considered adding some UV lighting... the tubes are UV blue as are the cables.

I've always kind of thought adding lights was a bit garish, but a white light might not be too bad.

As for dye, obviously lots of people use it, but I've also read a lot of people saying not to use it.

Yeah, it's filled with distilled water and Dazmode Protector.

Well if the tubes are already UV reactive than just get some CCFL UV tubes. I use 15" tubes and haven't had an issue with them. They are a bit dim when warming up but that's it! I prefer UV since the lighting effect is minimal to anything but the UV reactive stuff. 

They are a bit dim when warming up but that's it! I prefer UV since the lighting effect is minimal to anything but the UV reactive stuff. 

That's what I was wondering; does the UV tube give any kind of light, is it noticeably purple? Or whatever colour UV is...

That's what I was wondering; does the UV tube give any kind of light, is it coloured?

If it's UV tube it will only light up under UV light. You said it's blue so it would glow blue under UV!

Yeah... I already wish I had another project to work on.

My Dad is planning on upgrading his PC but he won't go for water cooling <_<

I prefer not to over complicate family rig's their not up to it and if there are any issues than it is your fault some how. Make his dependable at all cost. Cheers!

I prefer not to over complicate family rig's their not up to it and if there are any issues than it is your fault some how. Make his dependable at all cost. Cheers!

My Dad is a mechanical engineer... he will want to do it himself; he mostly asks me about selecting components.

You are right, though. I wouldn't want to go for water cooling if the person didn't understand how to look after it / know the risks.