Cpu temp spikes and fan gets louder when spiking

step40

I just installed windows on my new pc.I had nothing open but my cpu temp keeps spiking.It can turn in 1 second from 40 to 50 and you can hear how the fan gets louder.And thats with no tabs nothing open.Do you have ideas what this can be?I will definitely check fan curves setting one guy did recommend it.

The cpu is amd ryzen 7 2700x

i am using the stock cooler because i wont overclock it. thermal paste arctic mx-4

this appears to be normal with ryzen, it'll go from sub 1v to 1.5+ and that causes temp spikes, as for the fans i would definitely check the fan curve 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

What cooler are you using?

Nvm lol 

Edited by lmeneses
Did not see the part where he stated it.

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

The stock cooler does that. When precision boost is doing its job, it can push up to 1.5v through the CPU which it can't handle for more than a few seconds. That spikes temps and fan speed. The only fix is disabling precision boost and XFR and locking the clock speed and voltage....or get a better cooler. I did both.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

this appears to be normal with ryzen, it'll go from sub 1v to 1.5+ and that causes temp spikes, as for the fans i would definitely check the fan curve 

I checked and the fan is normal speed.Should i put it to full speed?

Just now, NelizMastr said:

The stock cooler does that. When precision boost is doing its job, it can push up to 1.5v through the CPU which it can't handle for more than a few seconds. That spikes temps and fan speed. The only fix is disabling precision boost and XFR and locking the clock speed and voltage....or get a better cooler. I did both.

How do i do that?Should i change something in bios?Currently the cpu fan is on normal speed and auto should i make it to full speed?