Galaxy Note 9 questions

Jstagzsr

is it possible to create a single "button" widget i can place on my home screen that when pushed it will clear my ram, and close all background apps?
aka what you can already do by going into the battery settings and the ram settings and clearing them individually.. but i wanna click one button rather than go through all the different screens to do it.. 
with or without root, preferably without

also, is there a way to make the screen brighter beyond the normal slider? like when you turn on gaming or entertainment mode it turns your screen brightness up 5-10%.. its obviously possible because these different modes do it, but idk how to set my phone to do it without changing to one of those modes. and i run my phone in "balanced" mode with normal use..

512 gb, 8gb version.. in black. with a dbrand brushed aluminum skin (thanks linus) (not that the colors matter to the software)

1) It is possible, but I do not know of any that do not involve root.

2) You could make your screen brighter, but it would likely require root, and also likely damage the backlight, and there may be some bleed through the panel.

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

5 minutes ago, LlamaFamah said:

1) It is possible, but I do not know of any that do not involve root.

2) You could make your screen brighter, but it would likely require root, and also likely damage the backlight, and there may be some bleed through the panel.

-Llama

i dont see raising the backlight 10-20% doing any damage. not when the normal stock modes will raise it 10% and im sure theres people who just leave their phone in these modes 24/7.. but yeah i agree itll lower the lifespan of the backlight and definitely cause bleeding if i set it too high.. i was really hoping i could avoid rooting..

do you know of any way to run macros? preferably triggered with a single button widget? i couldnt find much online

You can set a volume button or something to do that, but you would lose its functionality, and may require rooting.

As for a widget on the screen, there are likely a few on the Play Store, but you may have to give them questionable permissions.

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

— Steve Wozniak

Just now, LlamaFamah said:

You can set a volume button or something to do that, but you would lose its functionality, and may require rooting.

As for a widget on the screen, there are likely a few on the Play Store, but you may have to give them questionable permissions.

-Llama

yeah thats definitely not something im willing to do.. i actually use "bouncer" to BLOCK permissions that i dont allow every single time i use an app. not even a "trusted" app like facebook (trusted.... lmao).. idk if its just me but i dont agree with people opening my text messages or camera or going through my files just so i can use their app for ringtones or something completely unrelated. lol.. I defiintely hear ya with that one dude.!!

i did remap my bixby button to be a flashlight (hold), google assistant (single press) and camera (double press), but "btlocker" doesnt do any complicated macros. only a few preset options you can choose from. thats as far as i got without rooting..

thank you for the suggestions. im gonna look into writting an app that does custom macros if i cant find one.

1 minute ago, Jstagzsr said:

yeah thats definitely not something im willing to do.. i actually use "bouncer" to BLOCK permissions that i dont allow every single time i use an app. not even a "trusted" app like facebook (trusted.... lmao).. idk if its just me but i dont agree with people opening my text messages or camera or going through my files just so i can use their app for ringtones or something completely unrelated. lol.. I defiintely hear ya with that one dude.!!

i did remap my bixby button to be a flashlight (hold), google assistant (single press) and camera (double press), but "btlocker" doesnt do any complicated macros. only a few preset options you can choose from. thats as far as i got without rooting..

thank you for the suggestions. im gonna look into writting an app that does custom macros if i cant find one.

Np! Have A Nice Night!

— Steve Wozniak