Program to see if your selected pc parts fit

Eradime

Why isn't there a site or program with accurate 3d models of the parts so we can see if the parts we want fit together or in the case? I know there is a pc building simulator game but something similar but with updated new parts just for the user to see if the parts fit would be nice.

I think most people use PC Part Picker. This will let you know if parts won't fit but doesn't give you a 3D model or representation. 

Parts follow standards.

Most people know how to look at a specs list or product name and know that "eatx motherboard" will probably not fit in "atx case"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

55 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Parts follow standards.

Most people know how to look at a specs list or product name and know that "eatx motherboard" will probably not fit in "atx case"

And if you're new or unfamiliar with certain components that's where research comes in. If you do enough research on a build you shouldn't have any compatibility issues with parts not fitting, insufficient power connectors or supply etc.

The thing is there are times where you look at the numbers and they seem to fit but then when you get the parts and the cooler ended up blocking a ram slot or something like that a visual representation would be better.

39 minutes ago, Eradime said:

The thing is there are times where you look at the numbers and they seem to fit but then when you get the parts and the cooler ended up blocking a ram slot or something like that a visual representation would be better.

Which is why there usually are schematics or build pics to show off how things look. Problem with modelling parts is that variation is just too much. It would need to be paid or heavily ad-ridden service to make back costs of modelling all case specs to point, all GPUs, all coolers, all PSUs, all AIO and anything else that might not be quite on standard spec.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Which is why there usually are schematics or build pics to show off how things look. Problem with modelling parts is that variation is just too much. It would need to be paid or heavily ad-ridden service to make back costs of modelling all case specs to point, all GPUs, all coolers, all PSUs, all AIO and anything else that might not be quite on standard spec.

Even for the 2060 alone, there is rumoured to be like 10+ variations from Gigabyte alone. Yeah, it would be too expensive to model each one, it would have to be some sort of community driven open source project and it would still need be funded.

When something doesn't exist and you want to know why not, ask your self "how would I do this". In this example step one is "Gather the exact size data for all PC components ever made" and there you have your answer. 

It's possible to do it, but specs change all the time and it would be a HUGE undertaking to do this accurately. Because lets face it, you don't want to know if the "ASUS ROG ATX" board fits in the "FractelDesign ATX" case, you want to know if "budget yangkig super happy funtime" board fits in the "RGB fluffycloud great sunshine" case (because the well know brands all have easy to understand specs).