Powerline ethernet on different circuits

Subaru555

hi all, with powerline wifi do i need to have them on the same circuit? or does having the ground connected to both circuits let it work better?

As long as they're on connected wires, you're good. I have one that originates in my office and terminates in my bedroom, on different circuits.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

It depends on your house's wiring topology, but if you've only got one fuse box you can be pretty safe in assuming yes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

58 minutes ago, Subaru555 said:

hi all, with powerline wifi do i need to have them on the same circuit? or does having the ground connected to both circuits let it work better?

You'll only know once you connect them & test it yourself, unless you're also the person who wired your house.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, Subaru555 said:

From what I have read modern day power line adapters will work on multiple circuits. What matters is A) the quality/age of the wiring, B) The physical distance the signal has to travel, C) Crossing breakers will cause some interference but it should be fine, and C) If you have to cross a phase then your probably going to get lots of interference and it may or may not work. 

As @kirashi stated above, you really need use the adapters first to figure out how well the will work. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.