Can all monitors display in portrait mode?

cpugeek21

I know that not all monitors come with a pivot functionality. But what I'm asking is, are all monitors capable of displaying in portrait? Even those that do not have a pivot mount?

I have my eyes on a monitor that does not have pivot functionality, but I'm willing to get an external mount for it. Would that be possible?

16 minutes ago, cpugeek21 said:

I know that not all monitors come with a pivot functionality. But what I'm asking is, are all monitors capable of displaying in portrait? Even those that do not have a pivot mount?

I have my eyes on a monitor that does not have pivot functionality, but I'm willing to get an external mount for it. Would that be possible?

12 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

As long as you can find how to rotate the screen in the driver or Windows.  That is a GPU feature, not a monitor feature.

This exactly. I had an old Samsung 2253BW monitor that only had swivel & tilt adjustments. Before I even thought about getting a VESA mount, I used it vertically by resting the "bottom" aka side on one of those rubber anti-slip anti-heat pot mats you use to keep hot pots from burning your counters and the "top" aka other side against my wall. Looked stupid but worked just fine - you just rotate inside the OS / GPU drivers themselves and away you go.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)