Is there a custom waterblock that will work with the Kraken G12?

I have an Asus 1070 dual and there doesn't seem to be a waterblock that will fit it, so Im wondering if there is a CPU waterblock that would work in the G12? I would like to have a custom loop for my CPU and GPU but I'm kinda stumped on the GPU part. Like I'm thinking.

Ek slim 120 starter - mostly for the pump/res combo that mounts on a fan

Chinese waterblock - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BYKSKI-NIVDIA-GTX1070-O8G-SI-GAMING-GTX1060-O6G-SI-Full-Cover-Graphics-Card-Water-Cooling-Block/32818054240.html (but I don't know the quality and I don't want to wait 30 days to get it.

Can I just rig a CPU block to a G12 in the loop?

don't want to use an AIO cause Im still waiting on an RMA for my H100i premium se that came with a leak, gonna just return it and use the 200 towards a custom loop would rather be able to just fix the damn thing if it leaks.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

No.

You can't use a G12 if you're gonna put a regular waterblock on it.

There already are universal waterblocks that will attach without the G12.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/universal-vga-waterblocks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

just get a universal block?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Seems very counter productive. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

yeah, I decided to just bite the bullet and order the block from aliexpress, and order the other parts when it arrives. 

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

• 4 months later...

Can anyone see if new corsair water block   Xc7 would work with g12. Its made with asetek style, but im not sure if the bracket size are the same or the plastic top interferes with screws.  (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/CPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XC7-RGB-CPU-Water-Block-%28115X-AM4%29/p/CX-9010004-WW)

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2019 at 7:07 AM, Lukemin89 said:

Can anyone see if new corsair water block   Xc7 would work with g12. Its made with asetek style, but im not sure if the bracket size are the same or the plastic top interferes with screws.  (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/CPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XC7-RGB-CPU-Water-Block-%28115X-AM4%29/p/CX-9010004-WW)

Whole thing can be taken apart, so you can literally assemble it around the G12. I actually did something similar with a H80i V2, if someone can confirm whether it uses standard asetek and not a proprietary bracket that looks like asetek then it should work.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:25 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

just get a universal block?

Most universal blocks don't take VRM cooling into consideration, you are expected to have a janky fan setup to accommodate it. Also a lot of these water cooling companies have moved away from universal solutions in order to sell people one time full cover blocks, finding out whether an old block is compatible with newer gen like Turing or Navi can be difficult.

A fan on the vrm is more than enough. Doesn't need to be jank unless you do it that way.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

14 hours ago, fl2019 said:

Whole thing can be taken apart, so you can literally assemble it around the G12. I actually did something similar with a H80i V2, if someone can confirm whether it uses standard asetek and not a proprietary bracket that looks like asetek then it should work.

Most universal blocks don't take VRM cooling into consideration, you are expected to have a janky fan setup to accommodate it. Also a lot of these water cooling companies have moved away from universal solutions in order to sell people one time full cover blocks, finding out whether an old block is compatible with newer gen like Turing or Navi can be difficult.

The G12 has a "janky fan" already strapped too it for VRM cooling. Thanks for the necro too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016