Can you use a PC SSD as a xbox 360 hard drive?

I know that the Xbox 360 slim has a 2.5" drive bay in the back that can be used for upgrading from 4GB. Can I buy a 1TB SSD and use it with the drive bay? I know that you can use the SSD as a flash drive/

As long as the Xbox 360 uses the standard SATA interface, I don't see why not.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, BenGerman8876 said:

-snip-

It will not work. Microsoft uses a proprietary (FATX) in their drive partitions that act as gatekeepers for anyone trying to install their own cheap HDD's/SSD's(From what I remember only certain Western Digital drives work, otherwise you'll be hard pressed to find a drive that can behave properly w/FATX). You could only use the SSD/HDD externally over USB but not internally via SATA. The issue with using it externally is that you can NOT save games to the SSD/HDD and only game saves/misc. files could be placed on the ext. drive. Furthermore, Xbox 360's don't recognize ANY internal drives ABOVE 1TB so unless you mod your console or drive, you can't use a 1TB SSD internally. Though, again, like @Crunchy Dragon says the SATA interface is standard so if you can figure out which WD model drives work with FATX then you could get it going in the 2.5 bay but as far as your SSD it will most certainly not work.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor